93 bolt-on geared 5.0 Vs. bolt-on, cammed Integra R (dig rematch)

Ronin5.O

Established Member
Those of you who patrol this forum often prolly read the last story about racing this guy, and he had promised me a rematch, so last night we finally got to do it. He was not really interested in racing at all, but after a little bit of convincing we went for it.

We lined up and had our flager get both of our approval as i revved to 2k. when he dropped it i launched and spun like crazy, i had to pedal the throttle to try and make it hook but it roasted all the way to 5500 in first. I grabbed second on and a half cars behind and slowly began to pull on him. as soon as i got into third which is my power gear i puled past him and put about a half a car on him at the end of the quarter.

We met at end of the run and he said he heard me spin the hell out of it and said that he would rematch me again as soon as he put in some new brakes. I was running on some crappy goodyears too and he was on azenis so i gotta make sure to get some drag radials. all and all though it was a great run.

5.O

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
good race, u deff have the faster car, those integras werent really straight line cars anyways, they handle very well though , stock they only run in the average of 15 sec 1/4's stock , they dyno in the 140-150 fwhp stock, but there light, there 170-200 crank hp stock, and thats top of line model for the integra.

and our 5.0 cars stock are 170-200rwhp average of 180-190rwhp stock.and basic 5.0 v8, not a top of the line cobra ,ect the gt is 225hp crank, in the 14's -15's stock. , but bolt on vs bolt on stock vs stock 5.0 has the upperhand , esp in dig / straightline / torque. both cars were built for totally diff things,but good races, hands down ur car is faster, now if u do tire and suspension from a dig, u will put a mile on that thing, and from a roll you will prob put 3-5 cars on it. goodluck and race again!

Last edited:

tegaman111

Established Member
get drag radials and some lower, upper control arms. Add some good quality subframe connectors and rear chassis brace. these would help u take full advantage of those drag radials. I prefer mickey t's.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Glad you got a rematch & won again. I hope a bunch of the non-believers from the last thread don't jump in here and start defending the Integra like last time. Just remember I believed the first thread.

Users who are viewing this thread