91notch vs 91gt

97gt-svt

Established Member
A friend of mine has a buddy that just built up a 91 notch it has all the same mods as my gt except he has edelbrock heads, 3.73 gears and a cold air intake (yes I am still running my stock airbox). He also has weld big and littles and I have pony rims, well he has been telling him how fast and bad ass his car is I have not said anything just been keeping my mouth shut. Well tonight we didnt really get a real race we were next to each other in town and both punched it in 2nd at about 40 and I pull him by close to a car length, he call my friend and said he didnt want to race me anymore. I cant understand it he should have pulled on me but whatever I am very happy:beer: the only thing I can figure is my car has been tuned not sure if he has or not:shrug:

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
I was under the impression you were running the stock irons the way you described the mod difference, but your sig says you have Twisted Wedges, so all I see is the gearing advantage he has, which is minimal and I guess his CAI, and lighter rims. Sounds like it's basically a drivers race with a slight advantage to him. I don't think theres any point in looking deeper at it, too many other variables to question it.

97gt-svt

Established Member
yeah pritty much, I was still exited about it because he had been talking shit. And its late and I am bored so I figued I would post it??

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
Oh I feel you, it always feels good to win a race you expect to lose, especially if the opponent has a big mouth. Any pics of your car?

United_115

Established Member
stock airbox is actually better lol. CAI with the metal tubing just ends up heating the air up a bit sometimes which is bad. CAI makes no difference:)

LtDavis

Established Member
stock airbox is actually better lol. CAI with the metal tubing just ends up heating the air up a bit sometimes which is bad. CAI makes no difference:)

I disagree, the air is moving through the tube too quickly to get heated up IMO, I know thats been debated a million times already though. Also, replacing the corrugated tubing on a stock fox-body intake tube with a smooth tube WILL make a difference, a small one, but CAIs do help on foxes.

97gt-svt

Established Member
I still dont have my camera back but here is a video of my car.

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32523669"]MySpaceTV Videos: Nate's Mustang by DeLine[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread