91 TransAm WS6 vs 02 Stang GT 5 Speed

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Last night on Gratiot, cruising in my buddy Chris's Trans Am, we found a decent car to race ;-)

We talked briefly, he said it's a stock GT, but his exhaust sounded damn loud.

We caught a light, and as soon as we started pulling the GT let off. http://home.comcast.net/~simsizuck/chrisvsstang2.avi He claimed it "wasnt running right so i let off".

We drove down a bit more, came around the U-Turn, and went from a roll. Advantage, Stang (5 speed vs transams auto)
http://home.comcast.net/~simsizuck/chrisvsstang.avi

:beer:

Mods on the WS6 are shorty headers, edelbrock 650cfm carb, edelbrock intake and dual flowmaster 40's.

Last edited:

Robisten8

Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord

Mods on the WS6 are shorty headers, edelbrock 650cfm carb, edelbrock intake and dual flowmaster 40's.

I'm about 99% sure that the WS6 package was not available on a 91 T/A......That's the Pontiac equivalant to the SS package for the Camaro and that didn't come out until 96 in the LT1's

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Re: Re: 91 TransAm WS6 vs 02 Stang GT 5 Speed

Originally posted by Robisten8
I'm about 99% sure that the WS6 package was not available on a 91 T/A......That's the Pontiac equivalant to the SS package for the Camaro and that didn't come out until 96 in the LT1's

Guess Ill have to snap pics. On the interior also, it says "WS6 Suspension Package".

KillrCobra

Established Member
All that crap done to the outside of the GT and it's still stock....gay.
I don't think there was a WS6 option for the L98s.

91tbird

Established Member
Was that a non functional hood scoop on the GT? Looked like the back was filled in, but didn't see the front...

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
It was nonfunctional, it was filled in on the back.

His car is a WS6, but it was only a suspension package. 240hp stock.

Killer95GT302

Established Member
There was an option for the WS6 in 91, was suspension only. Whats hard to believe about this story? Race looked legit for me except for that funky body kit on the mustang.

Erick

Established Member
So this guy pulled off the EFI and carbed a '91 LT1? Tell us more about the engine setup. I didn't think Edelbrock made a carbed manifold for the LT1, I'm really not up my GM aftermarket. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread