91 to 93 octane!!! need help

NSSVT

Established Member
i just want to know if there is any of you guys out there that cant get 93 at the pump, and have to bump your 91 to 93 or higher. i want to run my 93 tune from my predator. but i want to safely up the octane to 93 or higher. i dont want to get into race fuel. just want to know if there is a safe octane booster out there i can get.

NSSVT

Established Member
i didnt bother changing my octane to 93. didt want to take a chance experimenting with it. i've read up lots on guys using toluene and xylene. but it seems a little risky

Robert Francis

Established Member
There's a lot of fuel "boosters" out there designed to increase octane ratings, and most seem to get mixed reviews. One of the more popular ones years ago was "Torco."

But if you really need a higher octane that whats available at the pump, you'll probably find yourself having to mix fuels. However, there are lots of places in the states where only 91 octane is available, and there are plenty of guys in these states who like you don't want to be constantly mixing fuels and the costs of it, and are putting out high power on 91 octane alone.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, people still like to use Torco and Lethal sells it. It does suck to constantly have to add it to every tanke and adding the right amount for what your tuned for. For me, if i only had 91 in the area, i would just stick to a 91 tune or have 2 tunes, 1 for 91 and maybe one for Torco or 110

oldfrmtrk

Established Member
Yep: my truck is a xylene junky, she is hooked on it bad, and she has been on it for the past 10 years and at least 130 K miles…. “Xylene = 116 octane”
Try this experiment: Pour one gallon in a full tank, (very weak solution and see the difference on how she idles)!!
Then you can go up to three gallons add some fuel lubricant and some other ingredients, and you will be hooked, full line and sinker….
This is so risky, that I have been doing it for the past 10 years and over 100K miles….

Users who are viewing this thread