91 or 93 octane?

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
Hey guys, I am looking in to getting a mach 1 and was wondering what grade gas you guy run. I have heard that you can run 91 or 93. Is it ok to run 91, what is the difference between the two as far as performance and gas millage?

EVO-lution

Established Member
It'll run just fine on 91 octane. I believe the Owners Manual says to use 91 or above.

yea you'll be fine with 91. quit looking for a mach 1 and start buying one :) hahaha.

you guys in the south are lucky that premium is still under $3. it hasn't below $3 here in NY since bush's first yr presidency hahaha

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
yea you'll be fine with 91. quit looking for a mach 1 and start buying one :) hahaha.

you guys in the south are lucky that premium is still under $3. it hasn't below $3 here in NY since bush's first yr presidency hahaha

I haven't found what i want anywhere close to me (south east), I want an azure blue with lower millage on it.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
its recomended to only run 91 or more basicly your area will have either 91 or 93 so you wont have a choice really.

YLDHORSE

Established Member
91 is the recommended fuel for the car. I have a 91 tune and a 94 octane tune that I run all the time. I got the 91 tune just in case I can not find 94 anywhere.
Differecce in the 91 tune is a couple of degrees retarded timming. Really not sure if the car gains anything in real world as I have not done a comparrison at the track.

The car ran fine with 91 in it for a long time!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread