91 Octane and Predator

JSHTROD

Established Member
Okay... who's running crappy Cali 91 Octane and the Predator PULLEY tune... WITHOUT detonation?

It seems almost everybody is pinging...

:shrug:

doubleblack

Established Member
there's one guy who tried both 2.93 and 2.8 w/ the predator pulley tune. He was OK w/ the 2.93 and detonated w/ the 2.8...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I just had mine installed this afternoon at X2C Motorsports using a 2.93" upper and the Predator using the pulley tune. They took it out for a drive and found no detonation in the afternoon heat.

I took it out also and stomped it a bit but couldnt detect any detonation. My only other worry is to see how it will act with very cool night air (lean the a/f slightly?).

Im guessing that with a 2.93 the Predator tune is still a bit on the rich side for safety purposes, as they are touting it as a tune for all pullied Cobras (within the proper boost range)?

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I think you are safe. The "Pulley Tune" was designed for 11.5 A/F with a 2.80 pulley, according to the developer of the data set.

The "Performance Tune" for stock boost was designed to give 12.0 A/F.

I installed the Predator on Saturday and can't say enough good things. I'm anxiously waiting for my Lightning buddy to forfeit his 2.93 pulley to me.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
ox03, why do you say that?
o3 DSG Snake, did you get your car dynoed? How does this procedure work with the Predator? Do they e-mail the dyno parameters to Diablo back and forth until the program is running correctly for your car?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by brasil
o3 DSG Snake, did you get your car dynoed? How does this procedure work with the Predator? Do they e-mail the dyno parameters to Diablo back and forth until the program is running correctly for your car?
Those cylinders tend to run hotter.

maoun

Established Member
mine's fine as long as it's not too cold...i'm runnin 2.76 with idlers

i'll have my wideband fully installed by tomorrow

m.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by brasil

No, the Predator comes preloaded with a few tunes. Basically the pulley tune is a "general" tune for Cobras pushin 12-14psi, and mods can be made from there to the program. Mine has not yet been dynoed.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ok, Ive got some tip in detonation when going WOT at low RPMs in 5th or 6th. Do I want to add fuel or pull timing?

a94cobra

Established Member
I am no professional. But I would say add fuel first. And if that doesn't cure it then pull timing.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Ok, Ive got some tip in detonation when going WOT at low RPMs in 5th or 6th. Do I want to add fuel or pull timing?

Maybe you want to change gears! :)

Aren't you putting way too much load on the motor with low rpms and WOT in high gears?

Users who are viewing this thread