90mm Mass air and 42lb injectors in a Cobra?

WannaB Cobra

Established Member
Would it hurt any by putting in a 90 mm Lightening Mass air metere and 42lb fuel injectors on a 2001 Cobra motor with the SHM300 stroker kit? I work for BMW and the 540i, 740il and the X5 all have 42lb injectors with a 4.4L V8 make 282hp all natural. So y can't I run that in my car? I have the injectors and Mass air meter already, the engine is out ang getting the stroker kit installed. Any opions? Don't care bout HP gains just don't wanna muck anything up.

Thanks

kwiksnake

Established Member
Yes you can put them in them in there. As long as you put in the correctly calibrated mass air meter with your injectors, you will be okay. Providing you stay with the high impedence injectors, but 42 lb injectors are high imp so no need to worry. Are you going to supercharge it or anything, b/c 36 would probably work for a naturally aspirated engine, and they are much cheaper. Also don't forget you need injector harness plugs to use with the new injectors. Paul's HP has the on his web site. They are $125 for the set of eight (I think). Just a question though, do the BMW's run 42 lb injectors or 42 liter injectors? 42 lb seems like an overkill for only 282 hp.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
So if I'm putting 42 lbers on my car with a blower,I need injector harness plugs to? Also,does anyone know where I can get a 90 or 95 mm mass air meter? C&L's website doesn't have either listed. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread