90mm maf?

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
i have a 99 lightning, and was wondering if i could just swap on a 90mm maf? or would i have to do something else too?

also, will 4v heads from a 4.6 work on a 5.4, or would i have to get my hands on a set of 4v's from a 5.4?

Last edited:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
the 90mm you will need a tune to run..... with the 4.6 4vheads i think you can use bit it will take alot to make work but i am not positive on that.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
the 90mm you will need a tune to run.

You do not need a tune to run the 90mm, as long as the 90mm is an OEM unit from Ford for the '01+ Lightning.

Zach, when I purchased a 90mm for my '99, I went to the dealership to have my PCM flashed with '01+ Lightning specs so it would read the 90mm properly. The dealership told me the adaptive learning and the fuel tables would easily compensate for the upgraded MAF.

Because of everything I'd read on the forums (almost eveyone said a tune was needed, only a couple said it wasn't), I kept insisting a reflash of my PCM was needed. But they literally refused to take my money. Who woulda thunk, eh?

For once, the dealership knew what they were talking about because after installing the 90mm, I never threw a DTC nor did my SES light activate.

Stewart

Last edited:

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
i'm picking one up from a guy locally. thanks for the offer though. your truck looks killer

Users who are viewing this thread