90mm MAF help

pbdrew15

Established Member
Alright guys, I have a 2000 HD F-150 and have been debating switching to the 90mm MAF setup. Question is if I do the Lightning MAF swap will i need a retune or calibration of any sort? Running stock injectors stock pumps, just a aftermarket supercharger at 6psi. Let me know any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dewayne gober

i have a 90mm sct mass air meter

my name is dewayne and i have a 1998 mustang GT and i got a 90 mm mass air meter sct ba3000. i bought this thing because of the looks and i installed it on my car and it wouldn't run at all.Come to find out it is for a cobra or lightning that is supercharged and YES IT IS DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR STOCK.So if you are interested in buying this one from me i will sell it to you cheaper than you would buy it new for and yes it is brand new i installed it but wouldn't hardly run, so it was installed less than 20 minutes and i called sct and they said it would have to be retuned for my application but it would go right on to a supercharged f-150 lightning or 2003 -2007 cobra. Thank for your time.call me at 256-438-1986 or contact me by facebook dewayne gober in altoona alabama.another phone #is 256-390-0753

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
I don't believe you need to retune the truck for just changing out the MAF. At only 6psi anyways, you may not even need to change it out as I don't your maxing out the stock MAF.

On my 2003 HD, I changed it to a BA-2400 without getting a new tune and it ran just fine...but of course a few days later I changed my lower pulley to a 8# upping the boost to 12.5 and got tuned that day.

Hopefully someone else who tunes will jump in and answer this for you.

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
On my Lightning I needed a retune.

You are sucking more air through a 90mm.

Users who are viewing this thread