90 octane gas?

FordFanStan

Established Member
The highest rating (other than paying $6.00 a gallon for vp racing 100 unleaded or 110 leaded at one store) in southern cali is 91 octane. So that is my only option really. I use a can of octane boost every other fill up with 91 octane. i only use chevron or mobil gas and every once in a while you can tell when you get a bad tank. studders and has pinged before. can of octane usually helps that out. my 2 cents

OH-MAN

Established Member
We have the same octane here in Az.
Most small octane boosters only raise it 0.1 not 1.0 points.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if you have to run 90 or 91 and you have a chip have it tuned for it and you will be ok
or if your truck is stock go to a dealer and tell them you want the truck reflashed so it will stop pinging

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Any one use VP's C5? I run it in my quad with 91, Townsends said it raises to 99 or 100 octane. It's expensive enough I'd figure it'd work but I don't know about using it in the L. 1 bottle does 20 gallons. It's possible I've been running 92 or 93 octane this whole time, seeing as I'm not in the 13:1 compression the engine guy said it'd be fine. Heres a link. http://vpracingfuels.com/C5.html?mgiToken=0C15B7C81487CD0B9E
It says not to use with cats though. I'm just kinda wondering if it even does what it says or if I should go back to the 50/50 mix of 110vp and 91. The bottles are just way easier.

Users who are viewing this thread