90,000 miles, Daily Driving Opinions

Mashburn94

Established Member
I love this car! I want to make sure I keep it in the best possible condition. What do you guys recommend or know I should do coming up?

Here's a little info on the car. Car has 90,000 miles and is daily driven. Mods are CAI, Long Tubes, Off Road H, lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar.
Engine currently has 40,000 miles on it. It was replaced by the previous owner by Ford. Still has another year warranty.

65type1

Established Member
To keep the car on the road, I'd stick to the Ford maintenance schedule, keep it minty clean in/out and replace worn out items as soon as possible.

5lho

Established Member
It's just like any car. Change the fluids reasonably regularly (at least accoding to the manufacturer's schedule) and address any issues that arise before they become bigger problems.

...and don't forget to enjoy the car. It isn't some museum relic or million dollar show car, it's a Mustang. They best thing you can do is drive it and enjoy the memories it helps you make.

I dd mine and take it to the track and wail on it whenever possible. I've done this for decades with my cars, without any serious mechanical problems.

Mashburn94

Established Member
The only thing I have done is routine oil changes. I have no records from the previous owner. I'll get the Ford Maintainence schedule and go by that. I was just curious to if there were things that owners have found that need to be performed sooner, or things that werent mentiond in the maintainence records.

Assuming I'd need to service the rear end soon.

JDos1

Established Member
Replace the trans fluid, service the rear end, replace coolant, change the plugs, check your air filter, check your cabin air filter.

122k on my 2011. Still going strong.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm just dropping in to say go ahead and forget that warranty. Even though they won't be the cause of anything catastrophic, there's a slim chance Ford will warranty anything once they see your exhaust (and I assume you're tuned?).

Mashburn94

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys, I pulled up fords schedule and it said what you guys are saying. I was just curious about other adjustments such as valves.
I'm not concerned about the warranty, I was just saying it has one. Yes I am tuned (425 HP, 396 Lb Ft) but the car came with these mods. So not sure if they were before or after then engine replacement.

5lho

Established Member
Can't adjust hydraulic valves. In fact there is nothing really to adjust. Look after the regular maintenance as outlined in the manual.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Lots of oil and clean air inlet...

Keep engine clean

as stated already. Fix all small things asap

outside of car will show mileage after awhile..

our 03 is @380k

5lho

Established Member
Yeah, it's got 2 cams on top of each head, too....:)

Nobody's used solid lifters in a production V8 in America since about 1971.

Users who are viewing this thread