9 sec fox body

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, we've got a guy over here in St. Louis with a TT C5 too.....damn things. Lightweight car making a bunch of power equals quick ET's. Who prepped your buddys C5?

buddha93

Established Member
Read your latest Marc.......your a sick, sick, man. LOL! That crank is friggin beautiful. Zero balance I assume? So what kind of power are you looking for with the new combo? Any idea when you'll be ready for a pass over at GIR? Sorry for all the questions, but I like to keep tabs on a few of the local guys with the nice rides. Good luck with it all.

cobra93

Established Member
buddha93 said:
Read your latest Marc.......your a sick, sick, man. LOL! That crank is friggin beautiful. Zero balance I assume? So what kind of power are you looking for with the new combo? Any idea when you'll be ready for a pass over at GIR? Sorry for all the questions, but I like to keep tabs on a few of the local guys with the nice rides. Good luck with it all.

Yes, zero-balance as before, but 12 lbs lighter than last year's. Well, you know I have been pushing the hydraulic cam envelope with this thing and I see no real reason to stop now. Jim Kuntz told me he thinks I'm leaving 25 peak crank hp on the table by not using a solid. Rick and I have another (crazy) hydraulic we are going to test back-to-back with last year's cam.

I would like to optimize my setup with the hydraulic cam this year. Have put Ti exhaust valves in the Kuntz TFS-R heads and going with T&D shaft rockers. Will plan on shifting at 8,800 I think. Hope to go 9.30's with this new 360 in good weather. Hope to have the shortblock in a few weeks but you know how that goes.

As far as power goes, not sure. It will be over the 550rwhp from last year for sure. Maybe close to 600? I don't like making predictions, but that would be cool.

Thanks for asking.

sled

Established Member
buddha93 said:
Ya, we've got a guy over here in St. Louis with a TT C5 too.....damn things. Lightweight car making a bunch of power equals quick ET's. Who prepped your buddys C5?

A.E. tech built the motor in it. its a PTK (now pts) turbo kit and the car was put together and tuned by him with a few friends there to help. it should be doing low 9s this year!!!

how much does your car weight???? im doing a new set-up this year and im trying to get an idea of how fast it will go.
thanks
Bill

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Wow the C5 is one of my fav cars ever. SO even if I ran a 9 sec id get kicked out for not having the proper gear.

Users who are viewing this thread