9" ends with stock brakes

supraman1990

Established Member
Just curious if anyone has found a solution to do the weld on 9" ends and keep the stock 13+ rear brakes? I am interested in the 9" end setup when I build my rear end but I would like to keep the stock rear brakes and not go to the 2012 brakes. Also, if I do have to go to the 12 brakes, how noticable is the lack of rotor in the braking ability for those that have done the mod? If it isnt noticable hardly I would be more inclined to just do it so that I could run a 15 or 16" rear wheel as well.

supraman1990

Established Member
In the time it took you to come up with the played out response you could of given me a link, im sure. I read this forum daily and havent stumbled on a thread specifically saying what was needed to use stock brakes or a wide group of opinions about the loss of braking ability with the older brakes.

steeltoe

Established Member
In the time it took you to come up with the played out response you could of given me a link, im sure. I read this forum daily and havent stumbled on a thread specifically saying what was needed to use stock brakes or a wide group of opinions about the loss of braking ability with the older brakes.

Nope I couldn't because I don't need the information but I will say if you read the forum daily then you would this topic has been posted and discussed within the last couple of months by one of the more regular posters in this section.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
With the kit that we have, you should be able to make the stock brakes work, all you need to do is a slight modification to the caliper bracket. Where the brackets bolt to the flange, there is a slight protrusion on the bracket that pushes them outward. If you just grind that protrusion flat (remove about 1/8" or so of material) it will pull the bracket in so it does not interfere with the rotor. If I can find a picture of a bracket, I'll note what part I'm talking about if you guys don't understand.

supraman1990

Established Member
With the kit that we have, you should be able to make the stock brakes work, all you need to do is a slight modification to the caliper bracket. Where the brackets bolt to the flange, there is a slight protrusion on the bracket that pushes them outward. If you just grind that protrusion flat (remove about 1/8" or so of material) it will pull the bracket in so it does not interfere with the rotor. If I can find a picture of a bracket, I'll note what part I'm talking about if you guys don't understand.
A picture would be awesome derek. Ive been looking at the kit you guys sell actually, or at very least purchasing part of it as I will probably go with a wavetrac and 33 spline axles

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
These are not the actual 13-14 Shelby brackets, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about...

7mlDiSa.png

Grind the circled part flat with the rest of the bracket and that should take care of the issue of stock brakes with the 9" ends.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

What kit are you talking about? They make kits for 8.8's?? Can you post up a link or PM me please?

NVM I see them for the GT500's.. I don't know if anyone makes a kit for the 94-98 SRA cars..

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What kit are you talking about? They make kits for 8.8's?? Can you post up a link or PM me please?

NVM I see them for the GT500's.. I don't know if anyone makes a kit for the 94-98 SRA cars..

Moser does make 9" ends for the 94-04 housings, we sell them for $90.25. We just don't have a package put together like we do for the S197's.

Users who are viewing this thread