9.96 @ 136.4 - Stock Full Weight Demon - 1.40 60 foot

PIPO

Established Member
They are not using slicks, they are using M/T drag radials.
Fastest Nitto was 9.81 and a lot heavier than single seater Dodge used. A lot more details will come out tomorrow.

PIPO

Established Member
9.2@147mph.

Attachments

• C7D2E0BD-832F-4EB4-9B76-2E418F65E7B9.jpeg
    C7D2E0BD-832F-4EB4-9B76-2E418F65E7B9.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 180

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You dont think slicks make a difference? Did Dodge use slicks to get the 9.65?

Dodge used a modified car but the leg humpers won't admit, instead they keep making excuses. Nothing wrong with being a 10.0, high 9 car, but not a 9.65 as it rolled out the factory.

Also like the very liberal use of the term "record" lately, lol.

csc427

Established Member
We live in a day and age where a manufacturer produces a car with all the amenities one could want, that's totally daily driver capable and has a full warranty that any other Japanese economy car comes with, and because it takes a tire to run 9s it isn't shit. And then it's compared to the competition's full on race car with no VIN, no ability to be street driven legally and nothing nice in it even if it could. Wow.

This is what's wrong with the car scene today. But I see what some of these same people rant and bitch endlessly on about too, so I'm honestly not surprised.

EDIT: So my post has some relevance to the topic at hand; I'm impressed! If money were no issue, I'd have a Demon as a toy and a Charger Hellcat as a daily.
If ford built a street legal car capable of these times with only m/t drag radials, the damn internet would shut down. Every person on this forum that could afford one would own one. To run those times with a factory warranty, daily driver ability, and all amenities is absurd. Unless you’re on this forum, of course, then it’s pathetic. And before anyone chimes in with their twin turbo coyote or twin screw terminator being faster for less than half the cost blah blah blah comments...irrelevant. But I assume they’re on their way. Lol

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
from the info starting to trickle in on the hellcat forum there were more then a few demons on all stock set up in the 9s. It’ll be interesting to see how they all stacked up. Doubt we’ll see the 9.65 run unless in perfect conditions with the car stripped down and a tiny weight driver piloting it there BUT me personally I still think it’s an amazing set up to slap a drag radial of choice on and go solid run high 9s.

I’m still waiting for a demon, full interior, non skinnies time. I’m assuming low tens at mid 130’s, I’d be impressed if it was 10 flat.

PIPO

Established Member
I’m still waiting for a demon, full interior, non skinnies time. I’m assuming low tens at mid 130’s, I’d be impressed if it was 10 flat.

So a full interior demon running 9.8s with skinnies isn’t impressive? Got it!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So a full interior demon running 9.8s with skinnies isn’t impressive? Got it!
It is fast. Never said it was not. It’s not for me.
To me driving to the track running then driving home is what I want. And when companies market street legal that’s what I expect. I have yet to see times for the stock/wide front rims as dodge only marketed the strip setup which probably is not the safest on the highway.

PIPO

Established Member
Here’s a full loaded one with all square tires running 10.2@133mph

Forward to the 1:40 mark.

Curt@injected

Ron went 9.71 with a tire.

Fastest stock run down to the tires I'm seeing thus far is 9.86@138 although that could change. Not everyone has reported.

Marc's car, who's timeslip was already posted, reset the blower record @ 9.14 and doug's demon(the two launch pictures up there) went 9.29@147. I tuned both of those cars and was working with them all weekend.

There was one other fast demon there which was tuned by Josh Phillips that went 9.23 I believe.

Last edited:

Curt@injected

It is fast. Never said it was not. It’s not for me.
To me driving to the track running then driving home is what I want. And when companies market street legal that’s what I expect. I have yet to see times for the stock/wide front rims as dodge only marketed the strip setup which probably is not the safest on the highway.

That really wasn't the point in this car though. The crate and skinnies are all part of the whole package. They were replicating a lot of things drag racers were already doing but giving it to you with a warranty.

PIPO

Established Member
Ron went 9.71 with a tire.

Fastest stock run down to the tires I'm seeing thus far is 9.86@138 although that could change. Not everyone has reported.

Someone else ran 9.7. He goes by STX Demon. Wish they didn’t have that nasty 20mph headwind. 9.6 was very very doable.

Dark_termi

Established Member
While the demons exterior may ugly as sin and stale as a month old potato chip no one can deny the coolness and impressive performance of the car. It does what it was built to do and does well but if its running a non-nitto dr than its not stock.

My94GT

Established Member
Dodge used a modified car but the leg humpers won't admit, instead they keep making excuses. Nothing wrong with being a 10.0, high 9 car, but not a 9.65 as it rolled out the factory.

Also like the very liberal use of the term "record" lately, lol.
From what I understand Dodge used a base model stripped down with on one seat no radio option ect then used a tiny light weight driver.

So yes they very much manipulated it to run that time. Even demon owners seem to scratch their head at why dodge didn’t run it full weight and just crack off 9.80s-9.90s instead. It seems more then a few stock set ups with rather limited seat time drivers cracked off 9.90s so that’s still very respectable but it surely makes it seem hard pressed to get that 9.65 hero run accomplished.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
From what I understand Dodge used a base model stripped down with on one seat no radio option ect then used a tiny light weight driver.

So yes they very much manipulated it to run that time. Even demon owners seem to scratch their head at why dodge didn’t run it full weight and just crack off 9.80s-9.90s instead. It seems more then a few stock set ups with rather limited seat time drivers cracked off 9.90s so that’s still very respectable but it surely makes it seem hard pressed to get that 9.65 hero run accomplished.
I know I've seen mentioned more than once that Dodge was running a different tune on the hero car, as to the legitimacy, I don't know. It would make sense though, as the first tuned Demon was running 9.80's I think.

People like to call anyone who doesn't blindly believe the 9.65 claim was from a factory car, haters and this and that. In reality myself and others poke fun at it as I believe we will never see a 9.65 in factory form...because it wasn't done in factory form. They wouldn't be the first manufacturer to use a ringer car. If Dodge marketed this as a 9.80-10.0 car it wouldn't get really any blowback, but they rode that 9.65 time hard in all advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread