9.85@137 Stock Motor 3.4 whipple crusher w/vid

svtshawn82

Established Member
My first full pass in the car. It was running 6.19 1/8mile most of the day with 1.38 60ft. So of course when it pulled the 1.36 60ft I got excited and shifted from 1st to 3rd lol. So the car has a little bit left in it and im happy with my results.

Stock 03 cobra motor
3.4 whipple crusher
PA c-4
Dynamics converter
E-85
Mickey Thompson 275 radials

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9 sec Whipple 03 Cobra swap pass - YouTube

Last edited:

svtshawn82

Established Member
Nice! How much power and weight?

676rwhp @ 3250lbs. The converter is too big for it so i need to send it back and have them redo it. Its seeing 5800 on the trans brake so I know thats hurting my numbers and ETs some.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
676rwhp @ 3250lbs. The converter is too big for it so i need to send it back and have them redo it. Its seeing 5800 on the trans brake so I know thats hurting my numbers and ETs some.

It made that through the auto? I'm in the process of an auto swap. I made 734 on 6 speed and 23psi I plan to take it to 27psi. Hope to achieve some mid 9's as well.

svtshawn82

Established Member
It made that through the auto? I'm in the process of an auto swap. I made 734 on 6 speed and 23psi I plan to take it to 27psi. Hope to achieve some mid 9's as well.

yep and it was on a dynojet. So those numbers are usually a litttle higher then say a mustang dyno.

gamebred26

Established Member
et street radial? new style the pros? or old style? what supsension mods do you have?

svtshawn82

Established Member
et street radial? new style the pros? or old style? what supsension mods do you have?

The new pros, they are great!!

Factory GT springs (fox body)
Team Z control arms and roll bar
lakewood 50/50s
Moser 9" rear (had to do a lot of work to get the uppers close to wear they should be) eventually going team Z housing to fix the geometry issue.

tubular K member
90/10s w/coil over sleeves 150lb springs

gamebred26

Established Member
The new pros, they are great!!

Factory GT springs (fox body)
Team Z control arms and roll bar
lakewood 50/50s
Moser 9" rear (had to do a lot of work to get the uppers close to wear they should be) eventually going team Z housing to fix the geometry issue.

tubular K member
90/10s w/coil over sleeves 150lb springs

you have the relocated uppers? i have them and their lowers and arb as well...on strange 10 ways front and back .."coilover"...best so far is a 1.4 on the old style mt's 295/15...looking for a 1.3 lol.

svtshawn82

Established Member
you have the relocated uppers? i have them and their lowers and arb as well...on strange 10 ways front and back .."coilover"...best so far is a 1.4 on the old style mt's 295/15...looking for a 1.3 lol.

No unfortunately they wont fit on a 9" housing. (I dont think at least). I was really surprised to see a 1.36 out of the car having the moser housing in it.

gamebred26

Established Member
No unfortunately they wont fit on a 9" housing. (I dont think at least). I was really surprised to see a 1.36 out of the car having the moser housing in it.

yeah man thats getting it done. my 1.4 was off idle...havent gotten it off the two step and transbrake yet...thats next

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Badass congrats! I have been hearing good things about those new Pro radials, game changer.

I cant wait to throw some passes down on my solid im throwing in. Built 8.8, SN95 length, 3.90's, 35 spline spool/axles, jigged, welded, braced, Baseline ARB, Baseline Lowers, Baseline Relocated uppers, 01 GT springs, strange 10 ways. Tad worried about the setup is my only iffy point.

How do you like the 150's up front? I have 225's in mine, but im goin with a 175 with the Teksid.

svtshawn82

Established Member
Badass congrats! I have been hearing good things about those new Pro radials, game changer.

I cant wait to throw some passes down on my solid im throwing in. Built 8.8, SN95 length, 3.90's, 35 spline spool/axles, jigged, welded, braced, Baseline ARB, Baseline Lowers, Baseline Relocated uppers, 01 GT springs, strange 10 ways. Tad worried about the setup is my only iffy point.

How do you like the 150's up front? I have 225's in mine, but im goin with a 175 with the Teksid.

Thanks!!

I like the 150s. I had them in my Cobra also when it had an IRS and it would still transfer good. I tried 200s without any luck in this setup. Seems the 150s stay compressed so when you launch it actually lifts harder.

your setup should work out for you. Just might take some track time to get it setup correctly with the 6spd. Good luck with it!!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind.

Good Luck, and keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread