9.5:1 Small shot of nitrous...fuel suggestions?

dsgn8ionTERMN8R

Established Member
Not running anything real wild, just a stock eaton 2.76 pully, with intake and a catback, 9.5:1 cr...looking for small shot of nitrous 50-75...will 93 octane and a good tune be sufficient?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dsgn8ionTERMN8R

Established Member
I've heard a lot of negativity about the meth systems about potential failure and blah blah blah. Everyone I ask about it doesn't recommend it. You're the first...but if I go with meth and no nitrous then I'll take the compression up to 10:1....but I just figured with 9.5:1 and a small shot it wouldn't be much risk. Cause it's a small shot

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

dsgn8ionTERMN8R

Established Member
I don't know much about nitrous on cobras though. I've been reading a bit about different methods from cobra guys running nitrous. Some prefer dry, some prefer wet with dedicated fuel system, even heard one recommend a fogger kit...I just don't know about all the pros and cons yet. The dry and wet both had window switches

dsgn8ionTERMN8R

Established Member
Should be just fine ! But why nitrous ? Expensive and potentially damaging , go with methanol injection , I did and it's one of the best mods I did to the car !!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'm actually really glad you mentioned the meth though because I've tried to find people to talk to about it who know what they're doing with it. Meth and nitrous are the two routs I'm considering right now

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve Cea

Established Member
I have a Snow Performance methanol injection kit and I love it !! I don't use the bottle it comes with , Instead I use the windshield washer bottle instead for a nice clean unnoticeable install , I also run there Boost Juice ! Kit is great , bumps 91 octane to roughly 116 octane ( there claim ) makes the air intake charge much cooler and denser which allows for much more timing especially on hot days !! Kit adds an easy 50+ hp and all but eliminates any chance for detonation, and no tunes required !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

s351

Established Member
If you run meth on a pd blower car it doesn't cool anything, you are strictly using it for the octane increase. Turbo and Centri combos get both benefits as you're spraying the meth after the compressor which cools the charge. When using a roots or twin screw unless you're spraying under the blower you only get the octane. This is because you're spraying the cooled air into the blower which heats the air back up.

The only gains from meth you will see is from increasing the timing. On an Eaton car I highly doubt it's worth doing, the little Eaton gets out of it's efficiency range quickly, then it just becomes a heat soaking machine. Unless you're running 18 plus psi and want some safety don't bother.

This comes from a meth user, I like meth and think it works great, in the right application. An Eaton car is not the right application.

And lastly if you don't get a tune on your car after installing a meth kit you're just pissing into the wind, throwing cash in the garbage putting meth through your car. The car needs to be tuned for the meth injection, how is it going to make more power without increasing the timing. That's like putting c16 in a prius and thinking the fuel is going to magically make more power with no changes. Again pd blower cars see no intake temp changes only octane.

Last edited:

71catruck

Established Member
Meth and nitrous are for 2 completely different things.

Nitrous is an originator and you have to add more fuel to make up for it. It will also cool the intake charge because you are entering a cold gas into the air.

Water/meth injection is used to cool boost/prevent heat soaking and add octane. This allows for more boost and spark. The easiest way on a cobra for meth is to put the nozzles into the plenum after the throttle body. This will help with managing heat soak.

dsgn8ionTERMN8R

Established Member
This is probably a dumb question. But can meth and nitrous be ran at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread