9.448@ 143.81

malibu78

Established Member
I know, I know, It's not my 5.0, but usually post on this forum. Took my 78 Malibu to the the track today. Went 9.448 @ 143.81 on a 275 hp hit of hose. The two first runs I had to abort. Hazing the the tires at the 1/8 mile and all over the track. The third run I stayed into it and white knuckled it down the track. It only ran a 1.46 sixty. The The first run and I got out of it, it ran a 1.31 sixty foot. You can do the math the car on the same day definitely can run high 9.20' s low 9.30's and this is the first time out with the progressive controller and NOS Big Shot kit. Again it was a very good air day. DA was 129 ft.:beer: On the third and final run the header flange broke and the exhaust was falling of the car so we called it a day.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Awesome! I have a new 408 notchback with a Nitrous Pro-Flow plate kit set up for 200 that should be able to run in that vicinity. It is a complete animal on motor, I can only imagine what it will be like on the hose.....

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
what does it run on motor??? Those 408's usually run pretty well.

It has only been out once with the former owner. He ran the 1/8th with it and ran a 6.70. I think it has low 10's in it on motor. I may never even spray it. I have some tuning to do though.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread