89 notchback

01_Svt venom

Established Member
I picked up an 89 notchback 4 cylinder today and have a few questions about it. First i plan on converting it to a v8. My question is can i use the same k-member that comes on the 4 cylinder or do i need one for a 5.0? Also what kind of 5.0 block should i be looking for? I know the factory blocks are only good until around 500hp and was wondering what i could possibly take one out of?

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
k member is the same except on the 89 and older fox v-6's. there are tons of options on engines. do a search on the variour mustang sites.

red95gts

Established Member
k member is the same except on the 89 and older fox v-6's. there are tons of options on engines. do a search on the variour mustang sites.

Correct, although the last year for V6 Fox Mustangs was 86, not 89. K-member will work fine with a V8. Most blocks are about the same. They came in Mustangs, Lincoln Mark VIIs, F-150s, Broncos...etc Just make sure you are getting a late-model roller block. You should be able to find one already pulled out of a Mustang and ready to be rebuilt for cheap. There's one for sale not far from here for $75 - complete forged piston long block with E7 heads.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread