89 Notch PROJECT for sale! Former Florida Highway Patrol SSP, 5.0, Tremec, draglites

jayzurnova

Hello. Thanks for checking out my ad for my 1989 Mustang 5.0 Notch SSP.

I bought the car from the second owner who had owned it for the last 17 years (my best friend who passed away from Cancer). The car looks rough but really isn't in that bad of shape when you really look at it (especially to someone who knows cars). The paint is faded b/c it has been sitting for the last 5 years or so...it does have some surface rust but the body is solid and straight. All of the glass is in good condition with no cracks. All of the interior is there and in good condition, just dirty (Could probably clean up but would take some effort), if not...can buy new seat foam, seat covers, and carpet for $600.

After my friend passed, the car was taken by his brother who stored the car in his garage prior to me purchasing it. For some reason, he took the spark plugs out....we checked and the motor is not seized but would need pulled and gone through because he pulled the plugs so moisture could have gotten inside. This car used to run strong and was very fast before my friend passed away and it unfortunately was put in storage. I would love to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and get it driving again.

* This mustang used to be a Florida Highway Patrol car with the Special Service Package (SSP). From what I have researchd, the package added the following:

Engine, 5.0 HO V8 with Sequential Multi Port Injection
Forged pistons, roller cam
Engine oil cooler
Brakes, power Aircraft-type Silicone radiator hoses and clamps
Disc front/drum rear with rotor shields
Stainless steel factory headers
Dual exhaust system w/stainless tips
Fuel tank capacity - 15.4 Gallons
Heavy duty stabilizer bars, front and rear
Full instrumentation with in-dash tachometer
130 Amp heavy duty alternator
2 Piece VASCAR speedometer cable
Certified Calibrated Police speedometer 0-160 MPH
* Normal 5.0 Mustang speedos only went to 140 MPH

Steering wheel, leather wrapped
Relocated rear deck release from glovebox
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
Anti RFI Bonding straps

Here is a list of things that come on the car:

- Autometer 5" Monster Tach
- (2) 2 1/6" Pillar mounted autometer gauges
- Tremec TR3550 Cobra R racing transmission ($1,700 new - approx. 5k miles)
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
- 4.10 Richmond Rear End
- Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) 150-hp shot kit w/10 pound bottle
- MSD Electronic Ignition with 6AL box (2-stage w/retard)
- Flowmaster 40-series mufflers with dumps
- Off road H-pipe
- NEW South Side Machine Ladder bars (Not installed)
- NEW South Side Machine Sub-frame connectors (not installed)
- Weld Draglite Polished Aluminum Wheels (15x4 Front / 15x8 Rear)
- BRAND NEW BF Goodrich Drag Radials 275/50R15 and 190/15s in front
- Battery relocation kit (trunk)

This car is located in the Lakeland, Florida area (central Florida) at my Mom's house. It does not run so you will need to bring a trailer to haul it away. I had planned on shipping the car out to Colorado (where I live) but just don't have the funds that it would take to ship the car and then turn around and fix it up the way I would like to and it deserves. Also, because I already have a 1995 Supercharged Mustang GT I need to sell :)

ASKING price is $3,000. I have about $3,500 in it...would like to sell and not lose too much money.

Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: Can't figure out how to post pictures, so let me know if interested and I can send you pics of the entire car.

jayzurnova

Hello. Thanks for checking out my ad for my 1989 Mustang 5.0 Notch SSP.

I bought the car from the second owner who had owned it for the last 17 years (my best friend who passed away from Cancer). The car looks rough but really isn't in that bad of shape when you really look at it (especially to someone who knows cars). The paint is faded b/c it has been sitting for the last 5 years or so...it does have some surface rust but the body is solid and straight. All of the glass is in good condition with no cracks. All of the interior is there and in good condition, just dirty (Could probably clean up but would take some effort), if not...can buy new seat foam, seat covers, and carpet for $600.

After my friend passed, the car was taken by his brother who stored the car in his garage prior to me purchasing it. For some reason, he took the spark plugs out....we checked and the motor is not seized but would need pulled and gone through because he pulled the plugs so moisture could have gotten inside. This car used to run strong and was very fast before my friend passed away and it unfortunately was put in storage. I would love to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and get it driving again.

* This mustang used to be a Florida Highway Patrol car with the Special Service Package (SSP). From what I have researchd, the package added the following:

Engine, 5.0 HO V8 with Sequential Multi Port Injection
Forged pistons, roller cam
Engine oil cooler
Brakes, power Aircraft-type Silicone radiator hoses and clamps
Disc front/drum rear with rotor shields
Stainless steel factory headers
Dual exhaust system w/stainless tips
Fuel tank capacity - 15.4 Gallons
Heavy duty stabilizer bars, front and rear
Full instrumentation with in-dash tachometer
130 Amp heavy duty alternator
2 Piece VASCAR speedometer cable
Certified Calibrated Police speedometer 0-160 MPH
* Normal 5.0 Mustang speedos only went to 140 MPH

Steering wheel, leather wrapped
Relocated rear deck release from glovebox
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
Anti RFI Bonding straps

Here is a list of things that come on the car:

- Autometer 5" Monster Tach
- (2) 2 1/6" Pillar mounted autometer gauges
- Tremec TR3550 Cobra R racing transmission ($1,700 new - approx. 5k miles)
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
- 4.10 Richmond Rear End
- Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) 150-hp shot kit w/10 pound bottle
- MSD Electronic Ignition with 6AL box (2-stage w/retard)
- Flowmaster 40-series mufflers with dumps
- Off road H-pipe
- NEW South Side Machine Ladder bars (Not installed)
- NEW South Side Machine Sub-frame connectors (not installed)
- Weld Draglite Polished Aluminum Wheels (15x4 Front / 15x8 Rear)
- BRAND NEW BF Goodrich Drag Radials 275/50R15 and 190/15s in front
- Battery relocation kit (trunk)

This car is located in the Lakeland, Florida area (central Florida) at my Mom's house. It does not run so you will need to bring a trailer to haul it away. I had planned on shipping the car out to Colorado (where I live) but just don't have the funds that it would take to ship the car and then turn around and fix it up the way I would like to and it deserves. Also, because I already have a 1995 Supercharged Mustang GT I need to sell :)

ASKING price is $3,000. I have about $3,500 in it...would like to sell and not lose too much money.

Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: Can't figure out how to post pictures, so let me know if interested and I can send you pics of the entire car. Or go to the following link:

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/5254226037.html.

Users who are viewing this thread