89 LX vs late 90's Z28

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
So I am on my way to work when I catch a light with a late model Z28. Neither of us rev or anything and I go into 1st moderately and short shift into 2nd and then 3rd. This guy in his super cool, big rimmed, music blaring Camaro apparently insists that it is on and goes by me as I am at maybe 2,000ish RPM's in third. he then proceeds to "no no" finger as if to say I never had a chance, the cocky bastard. Apparently, it wasn't obvious enough that I short shifted and wasn't racing at all. A bit pissed off now, I go to drop it into 2nd since third seems to be totally bogging, but worse than normal.. well I shouldnt have done this and my rpms shoot around 6,000 or so and the then the motor goes limp, but quiet. The asshole cruises away to the next light as I pull over and my beast sputters. I figured I blew something but opened the hood to check the damage. Thankfully, only my CAI pipe had removed itself, leaving my motor a choking pile. I hook it back up and things go back to normal, but the arrogant Z28 is gone. God if I could have just raced him from the get go.. I hate people that gesture shit or give the thumbs down, it's so rude. especially when I am not even racing.

StangJason

Established Member
Good luck on finding him again...I'm not big on being cocky unless the other car's driver is either driving like an ass or a ricetard.

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
Yeah, if you talk a lot and bring on the thumbs down or sh*t talking it's understandable, but it aint cool if you don't get a fair shake after someone brags they've won.

Users who are viewing this thread