'89 4cyl. Mustang Hatchback

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
We are selling my brother's 1989 2.3 Automatic Mustang pictured below. I drove it for approximately 1 year before I sold it to my parents for my brother. We are asking $1000 cash. Current mileage is ~166926 miles. Car has power windows and locks.

What's wrong with it:
Paint - Needs roof and hatch painted
Front bumper is bent (see picture)
Front driver's seat is worn out
Front suspension needs work
A/C doesn't work
Auto transmission is shot, we have a replacement Ford Remanufactured A4LD that supposedly was rebuilt to Explorer specs and was pulled out of a running car (I make no guarantees, that's what I was told)
Gets only ~20mpg (with slipping transmission)
Sunroof handle is broken, so it has to stay shut or completely taken out
Drivers window rattles when not rolled up or down all the way

What has been replaced:
New front brakes and bearings
Weatherstripping
CD player with pioneer speakers front and rear
Clear headlights
FMS 3 core aluminum radiator
New 15x6 Weld wheels in front with new BFG tires (not pictured)
Good BFG tires in rear (on 15x7 Welds)
Plugs, plug wires, O2 sensor
New door handles

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out. The car is pretty straight and would make a good starting point for someone wanting to build a FOX from the ground up. The car is located in Talbott Tennessee, about 45 minutes east of Knoxville. All questions can be directed towards me, although you'll be buying the car from my parents in Talbott.

I've tried to be very honest about the car and I will be in Tennessee this weekend where I can get some new pictures of the car, just ask.

DSCN1412.gif

Driversrain2.gif

Last edited:

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Interested in parting with the tranny? I have nearly the identical car but a 92 in need of a tranny. It'd need to be shipped though.

Users who are viewing this thread