88 Saleen # 605 For Sale!!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
You must of been there when it came off the production floor! Since you know so much tell me what makes it fake??? Just saying!

Sorry to interrupt...but is this you??

10117_1190515483089_1234410481_3064.jpg

I took that pic back in Oct (I think) if front of the Ghetty station in Stoughton Center.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
hahaha yea i dont think anyone on here would buy it now after all the bs points or what not one or two of the wonderful members of svt performance are coming up! Thanks for being positive and your support! Thanks for all your support guys on tryin to "Pawn off this fake Saleen" you guys are awesome!

Its a real Saleen in VIN only. There is too much missing from it for someone looking for a Saleen to buy this one for the money your friend wants. Tell him he got scammed this time so he knows next time to watch out.

crankshaft04

Run What You Brung
Established Member
my buddy was telling me that back in 89 you could get a saleen with a seat delete package where you could get gt seats, the reason he knew this is because his friend bought a saleen in 89 and when they were at the dealer he seen one no riccro seats and told the salesman it was fake and the guy told him you could order it that way, he's not 100% positive the salesman wasnt lying but you should call saleen and find out

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
Its a real Saleen in VIN only. There is too much missing from it for someone looking for a Saleen to buy this one for the money your friend wants. Tell him he got scammed this time so he knows next time to watch out.

For someone who doesn't care about authenticity and resale value of the car, it looks like it could be a nice looking car to actually DRIVE.
Lowering the price would sell it fast, and the car has the potential to be alot of fun for someone.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
You must of been there when it came off the production floor! Since you know so much tell me what makes it fake??? Just saying!

LOL.........just saying what? you are trying to sell a car based on facts that are false? What am I missing

There's plenty of scumbags out there...just trying to help the good guys out so they don't waste their money.

Good luck with the sale LOL

CJC03COBRA

SNKBTE
Established Member
LOL.........just saying what? you are trying to sell a car based on facts that are false? What am I missing

There's plenty of scumbags out there...just trying to help the good guys out so they don't waste their money.

Good luck with the sale LOL

I could care less to be honest! I'm not buying it...lol

flattrack53

Established Member
my buddy was telling me that back in 89 you could get a saleen with a seat delete package where you could get gt seats, the reason he knew this is because his friend bought a saleen in 89 and when they were at the dealer he seen one no riccro seats and told the salesman it was fake and the guy told him you could order it that way, he's not 100% positive the salesman wasnt lying but you should call saleen and find out

In 1988 Saleens Came with Flow-Fit interior..I have never heard of a seat delete package on a mustang unless it is a cobra r. Everyone I have ever seen has RECARO's for 1989. There has been quite a few fraud saleen's around recently if you have been on soec.com...So far no one has called this one out. Does it still have the momo stearing wheel? racecraft suspention. Also, on the 88's they used different front strut that is stamped saleen on it. Does it still have the Saleen sticker on the door(like in picture)? Does it have the front fender stickers and rear quarter stickers still intact that match the original vin? Does it have the Saleen guage cluster. Have there been any rollbacks in the odometer. Does it have the Saleen shift knob? Not trying to be a jerk about this. I just want to see if this is infact a real car for a possible buyer!
saleen016.jpg

cgjarvis

Established Member
Nice looking car. I would pay that if it was a Saleen...and might even pay that if it wasn't ..... It's a good looking car!

Users who are viewing this thread