88 LX- One Owner- 80k Original miles-99% original

polock4life

Established Member
I am selling my 1988 LX Hatch. I purchased it from the original owner and it still sits with the original title to the car.

Car was bought new in the KC area and spent it's entire life in St. Joe, Missouri. The gentleman I bought the car from was a retired engineer and in his late sixties/early 70s. Very nice guy who gave me a good run down.

This car is as UNMOLESTED as they come. The only modification what so ever are welded in flowmaster mufflers due to the stock mufflers deteriorating. I can't stress to you enough how well this car was treated. It was obviously waxed by hand by the owner but he wasn't the best at getting the wax out of the tight spots. I am still working on cleaning up old wax and it's tedious.

Exterior
-This car sports all original single stage paint. The paint has normal rock chips to be expected with a 27 year old car. Nothing beyond normal wear. -In my opinion there is some wear below the black molding that starts behind the front wheels and goes just to behind the rear wheels. It is difficult to capture in pictures.
-Spot that I photographed on rear spoiler where a goose #### on the paint and he delayed cleaning it causing some pitting.
-All VIN tags are in place.
-All original headlamps and tail lamps.
-Black trim on cowl and mirrors has the factory "sheen" that can not be duplicated from my experience.
-Passenger 1/4 window is a 9/10. Drivers is probably a 7/10. It was parked in a garage its entire life but the drivers has some light pitting.
-No accidents according to owner and carfax.
-Doors open/close like new

Interior
-Very clean interior that is missing factory floor mats. The plastic from delivery is still on the passenger floor board. Original owner states he never got factory floor mats.
-I have the hatch cover but it's not pictured. It's in great shape.
-No obvious burns/tears or stains
-Map light works great
-Ash tray door works just like new. Never repaired.
-Console lid works just as it should.
-Factory radio still performs well.

Mechanically
-Car runs PERFECT. No CEL. Fires up great.
-Heat works perfect. Not sure about AC as it's cold. It was converted to 134 but not sure on how well it cools.
-New radiator was installed about 1 year ago.
-Transmission shifts great.
-All smog equipment is still hooked up. It's nice to drive a fox and not have to worry about smelling like crap when you come home to your wife.
-Plugs were changed but still has factory plug wires from what I can tell
-Tires are brand new
-Speedo doesnt bounce at all
-small rear main seal leak(typical)

I will continue to add to the original post as I think of things. Please ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Cars like this aren't as common as they used to be. Finding one w/ zero mods and one owner is pretty rare.

Car is located in Lawrence, Ks. PM me, email me, or texting are probably best ways for initial contact. I work as a firefighter and can't always answer my phone.

[email protected]
785-312-0574

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg