87 iroc-z ls7swap e85 vs 2016 bmw m4 fbo e50

prs97

Established Member
I had a 3rd gen Camaro after I finished college for a short while. Total cream puff with the 305 TBI (that made about 17 horsepower).

I REALLY want to find a clean 3rd gen (no T-tops this time) and drop in an LS.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I had a 3rd gen Camaro after I finished college for a short while. Total cream puff with the 305 TBI (that made about 17 horsepower).

I REALLY want to find a clean 3rd gen (no T-tops this time) and drop in an LS.
I’m kind of surprised we don’t see more 3rd gen LS swaps. Is the chassis not great? Interior sucks I’m sure but I still wonder why there aren’t as many LS swaps in them…I’m not a GM guy so I’m not in-the-know on the main reasons why.

robvas

Established Member
I’m kind of surprised we don’t see more 3rd gen LS swaps. Is the chassis not great? Interior sucks I’m sure but I still wonder why there aren’t as many LS swaps in them…I’m not a GM guy so I’m not in-the-know on the main reasons why.

There are definitely a lot of them out there, at least on YouTube.

I started out as a Camaro guy a long long time ago. An LS with a T56 seems like a pretty straightforward swap. Then stick a 12 bolt or 8.8 in the rear along with the entire BMR parts catalog.

Sure the interior sucks, but in 1990(?) or so they started to look a bit better, plus those are the best looking cars on the outside as well. And the seating position is sooo much better than the Fox body (fight me).

I had an 83, 88, and a 97 (plus an 85 Firebird), my friends in high school had them...I'm personally just over them. They are nice but I don't have any desire for one.

I wonder what a rust free one goes for. Even just a plain-jane 305/700R4 or even V6 car. Probably 4-5k?

I did see a nice black 99 WS-6 that I could see myself in though...

Attachments

• IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 28

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
There are definitely a lot of them out there, at least on YouTube.

I started out as a Camaro guy a long long time ago. An LS with a T56 seems like a pretty straightforward swap. Then stick a 12 bolt or 8.8 in the rear along with the entire BMR parts catalog.

Sure the interior sucks, but in 1990(?) or so they started to look a bit better, plus those are the best looking cars on the outside as well. And the seating position is sooo much better than the Fox body (fight me).

I had an 83, 88, and a 97 (plus an 85 Firebird), my friends in high school had them...I'm personally just over them. They are nice but I don't have any desire for one.

I wonder what a rust free one goes for. Even just a plain-jane 305/700R4 or even V6 car. Probably 4-5k?

I did see a nice black 99 WS-6 that I could see myself in though...
I actually hated the interior in my fox body. I know the seating position isn’t much different (probably the exact same) in my 03 and the 01 GT, but the fox body felt different…a bad different.

I love the WS-6. If I ever come into some money I would like a red 2002 WS6. Such a sweet car.

Users who are viewing this thread