87 gn vs db9

jumbojet

Established Member
This happened awhile back but figured it was a good read..got some more stories against other cars with this GN..even a Cobra:

So last night I pass by my friend's house and see he's in the garage changing the oil on his 87 GN. After chatting a bit I convince him to cruise this thing because it sits in the garage most of the time and sees occasional passes here and there. So he starts up GN and with a roar it turns with a loud whine from the massive fuel pump.

So we're off and come up to the main strip. The car is the ultimate show and go with a nice loping cam, loud BOV, 3600 stall and it handles great with a complete Hotchkis suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes.

So sitting at the light on low boost(pump gas) only making a little North of 500/500 RWHP/TQ, a beautiful Jag..wait!!!! Austin MArtin pulls up. Guy(about 45 with 35ish chick) is looking at us with a bizarre smirk as to why the hell is this car making all these strange noises. So he rolls down the window and says.."what the hell is wrong with that thing"..."you forget to put all the spark plugs in"..I must say I LOL. My friend ain't much of a chit talker so that's my job. I said "only thing wrong with this car is we can never find another car as fast as it". He's like..."3.8L"..is that a V8?"..I said "no a little V6..with a Borla exhuast(WRP material)"...He's said he's got 12 cyl and gives REV..I said.."damn we're screwed"...He laughed and rolled up the window. My buddy, already stalling up the (T72 I believe) turbo....Light turns and the AM goes with a chirp and a nice growl....

With about a 1.5 car lead we are gaining even with the DR's spinning and by 40MPH we are door to door and just drive right by him. As we pass I see his girl with jaw drop, him looking stright ahead, and I wave at them. We took it to 100MPH and he was I guess 5+ cars back..not sure.

So next light(lights are about 1/2 mile apart in this area). He pulls up, LOL and said "I guess you still have the same Problem..HAHAHA". I told him this a Buick Grand National with MODs and we knew you didn't have a shot...Google it...Cool guy with a beautiful car who got an education in old GM technology....Encounters like this make me miss the the GTO more and more.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Nice kill. At least the other driver was cool about it.

BTW: it's Aston Martin, not Austin Martin. Austin was a different British car company that made everyday-type cars, not exotics.

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
Aston Martins:rockon::coolman: I love GN's too but man that Aston woulda had me droolin'. Some of the most beautiful cars ever made. good story and at least he was cool:D

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Wow, that was a good story and a good kill. Good thing the Aston Martin driver was cool and could admit defeat. hehehehe at the "strange noises" part.

Did a similar deal w/ my car against a guy in a Jetta w/ three chicks. I left them and my passenger smiled as three jaws dropped in the other car. Def. not as cool as your story but, I can relate a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread