87 GN comes across new M3 and ISF playing

jumbojet

Established Member
As like the other post this happened a few months ago but i figured fellow American muscle lovers would like to read it!!!

Well I know that must be the longest thread title but anyways. Now that I sold my GTO the only thrill I get is when I hear the sweet sound of my buddies 87 GN reving outside. So the other day he passes by with his 500/500 cam full bolt ons GN(car went 11.4's at 116 before cam and more boost,tuning). So I hop in and we're off. Cruising around for about an hour we made quick work of an 03 M3 and an arrogant GT owner. He said we won because we had DR's..mean while my buddy said I killed you with half throttle..

So about to call it a day we pull up to the light and we hear revs going back and forth.."what the hell is that?"...so now after this light is a long 2.5 mile 4 lane strip and you can really fly on this thing..So the light turns and what we see going over the bridge is a new M3(red) and a quad exhuast ISF(silver)!! Holy Chit my friend said..So he gets by traffic and proceeds to lay into it. They had a huge jump and it looked like the M3 won the race...So they slow talking to each other and we just roll up on them..the M3 gets into the speed lane and now we are between this 2 400HP+60K cars...The guy in the ISF is now looking at this strange black Buick...we hear honking from the M3 and hit it. The M3 sounded pretty damn loud..louder than the ISF and actually these cars were doing quite well against us....MUCH quicker than the GT!

So starting from 30, hit 40, 50, 60 and the M3 is pulling on the ISF as we just watch the race go down. We took it to 120MPH and I'd say the M3 took the ISF by about 3 cars..we lost..purposely.

So we all get to the next light and make a u-turn. I told the guy(late 30's) in the ISF that we'll take care of that M3 for ya! I really don't think they were expecting to run into a 1.47 60' capable car on this day. So we stall the 3600 9.5" stall and I mean it was over. The M3 once again looked to pull but we just freight trained them and shut down at 120 again with maybe an 8 car lead(hard to tell). Of cause they continued on well past 120MPH and as we slowed they past us and once again the M3 was clearly ahead by 2-3 cars...

We called it a day but I must say my heart was pumping for a good hour after that encounter!

jumbojet

Established Member
Well I kind of had a falling out with the owner so pics would be tough to get LOL..

I had another friend with a beautiful 27K mile 86 with mild mods running low 12's and he lost control of the car at Bowling Green and wrecked it:shrug: Not sure what he has now...other than the seats and dash these cars are nice!

jumbojet

Established Member
Well if that is all you got from the post you are a primetime brand loyalist LOL

The GT(new model BTW) actually had light mods he said, CAI, CB, gears tune..said he wanted to get headers..he was a moron though because he was full of excuses even after telling him the GN was around 500RWHP..still felt the DR's were why we won LOL...I didn't even want to elaborate of that part of the story but if you insist I shall:banana:

The reason I said MUCH better than the GT was because I ran a stock manual GT with my GTO and I was actually very impressed with how well it hung around with "only" 300HP..took me to like 60-70 MPH to put a little space between us.

primetime

Established Member
Well if that is all you got from the post you are a primetime brand loyalist LOL

The GT(new model BTW) actually had light mods he said, CAI, CB, gears tune..said he wanted to get headers..he was a moron though because he was full of excuses even after telling him the GN was around 500RWHP..still felt the DR's were why we won LOL...I didn't even want to elaborate of that part of the story but if you insist I shall:banana:

The reason I said MUCH better than the GT was because I ran a stock manual GT with my GTO and I was actually very impressed with how well it hung around with "only" 300HP..took me to like 60-70 MPH to put a little space between us.

I am the farthest thing from a brand loyalist that you will find(at least when it comes to cars). My point was that I am not sure what you expected out of a basically minimally modded GT? Comparing your GTO to the GT stang doesn't do it either as the ISF or new M3 would leave a stock GTO, LS1 or LS2. Not trying to be a dick so I hope you don't take it that way and if you do oh well..... later Ron

jumbojet

Established Member
I understand....At that time(that post was a ways back BTW)..I hadn't raced an ISF or new M3 with the GTO...I just figured that a 400hp GTO would be in the same league as the M3 and ISF because they were a little over 400hp...when I saw how they did against the GN..compared to my GTO and GT...I was surprised. That is why I posted the WAY better than the GT..and also WAY better than a stock M6 LS2 GTO...obviously now seeing how fast those 2 cars are, the GTO or GT are not really close ...Hope that made sense LOL

Users who are viewing this thread