86 in a 45

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well I got pulled over for doing 86 in a 45 on the radar gun. First off I accept full responsibility for doing it. I live in PA and wanted to know how I should fight this so, I don't lose my license? I mean i'm 21 and have no other tickets. I'm not sure how the whole court thing works since its my first time there. Could you guys let me know what to expect from this?

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
get a well known lawyer that works in your court area, make sure he knows the prosecutors, judges, cops, and he'll probably be able to work out a deal and get it dropped to speeding,if you got charged with reckless. if its your first ticket, you should be ok. dont skimp on the lawyer, itll be cheaper in the long run.all they want is money.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you are going to challenge the ticket in court you would need to plead not guilty. If you agree with the charges and want to avoid going to court and the costs associated with that, then you plead guilty and pay the fine.

Good Luck

EVLSVT

Banned
In otherwords, if you want to get raped in the poop-shoot for the next 10 years, plead guilty.

Schwack

Established Member
Get a good lawyer and consider yourself lucky. During this legislative session Oregon lawmakers passed a law that says 40 over the posted or 100+ and your license is revoked. Good luck.

1time

Established Member
Check with your city attorney's office and see if driving school is an option.Here in okc we offer driving school which you plea guilty or no contest then you go to an 8hr class and the judge drops the charge as long as u get no other tickets for a year. if that is an option where you are at then :coolman: you will save money by not needing a lawyer. there should be a phone # on the citation to call and ask your options... good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
If you are going to challenge the ticket in court you would need to plead not guilty. If you agree with the charges and want to avoid going to court and the costs associated with that, then you plead guilty and pay the fine.

Good Luck
Ok so if I plead guility i'll probably lose my license so, i'm probably better off fighting it and trying to keep my license. Do you guys think this is the best move?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I suggest fighting it, if you can make a cogent presentation before the judge. Remember the judge hears B.S. everyday, so be honest and heartfelt. Let him know you are sorry and how losing your license would negatively impact your life.

good luck

GNGREN

Established Member
If I remember correctly the Magistrate in PA Can do nothing with the amount of points that are assosiated with a ticket. At least in my area. You need to deal with officer to try and get a lesser violation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread