86 Gt Convertible Worth It???

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
The car is a 86 Gt convertible with a little over 100k on the chassis. The motor, transmission, and rear end are freshly rebuilt. Everything was replaced with factory spec parts down to the gear ratio. The only aftermarket parts on the car is the flowmasters and the king cobra clutch. The body is clean and ready for paint, but the interior needs some work. He is asking $3500 and I have something of that value he would be willing to trade for. I traded my mustang for a lifted Jeep and really want to get another stang seeing I miss mine so much. What do you guys think?
mustang3.jpg

mustang2.jpg

mustang1.jpg

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
If the drivetrain is freshly rebuilt like you said, that alone should be almost worth it.

Does the seller have all the bills to prove this?

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I had a similar car a while back that had decent paint on it, but needed all the interior done and I got 2800 out of it and that was without a new drive train. Yeah its probably worth it.

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Cool I am probably going to go ahead and do it. He said he has documentation of everything that was done to the car but I haven't seen the papers in person yet. He said it was built right and runs great. He even went to the extent of saying that in the bill of sale he would give me a warranty on all of the drivetrain.

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
I have been thinking it over and I don't think I am going to do it. He has all the paperwork except on the motor rebuild. He said he may be able to get it from the previous owner. The car needs the whole interior redone. It doesn't even have carpet in it and the seats are torn up. I have seen a couple clean 86 convertibles on craigslist going for around the same price with a decent paint job and interior.

Users who are viewing this thread