854 rwhp boss 302 3.6lc mammoth kit only

Matt@KB

Established Member
854 RWHP BOSS 302 3.6LC MAMMOTH KIT ONLY

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Dec. 2011 has a feature entitled “How To Screw Your Boss” It’s Tracy Keller’s stock (400 RWHP) Boss 302 vs the same 100% stock car (no NOS, headers, cam etc.) with a KB 3.6LC kit (854 RWHP). That’s a gain of 454 HP at 21psi. At 16 psi the HP was 765 - 311 HP.

The same 3.6LC Mammoth kit and motor in the ST Motorsports automatic ‘11 GT ran a 6.3/115 1/8 mile (9.85/142 1/4 mile) at 21 psi. This weekend, STM will run the car with 26 psi and then it goes on our dyno for race fuel vs E85 tests at 16, 20 and 26 psi. The HP potential of the little 5.0 with the right supercharger kit is truly amazing. We want to determine just how much boost/ HP we can run in these motors with E85. We believe these cars can run 9's with some suspension work on E85 and 16 psi. We’ll be testing the stock 11:1 and the 9.5:1 302 crate engine.

Again, Tracy Keller’s Boss and the ST Motorsports GT are both 100% stock except the STM car has forged rods and pistons. No headers, cams, NOS “crutch”etc.- through stock cats. Headers, cat removal and bigger cams will, of course, make more HP and will be tested once we’ve finished the boost tests.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
It is. Would you like to race from a dig? It's the only one you have a chance at beating. :poke:

:lol::lol:

oh btw...i didnt get the check yet from ford...so i will have to wait till next week to get your 3.73....BUT they have my name on them:burnout:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
At the bottem of the article it says............

..............engine went "boom" after its 3rd quarter mile run......

.........how to blow up an engine like a Boss......

truculentSVT

Established Member
C16

It kinda sucks, LOL. Power-wise, the Boss is already beyond Ellie! It sure is a lot easier to make horsepower these days. :rockon:

Switch the C16 to Shell URT Advanced and it would make over 900!! :rockon:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Who bumped a year old thread? :shrug:

At the bottem of the article it says............

..............engine went "boom" after its 3rd quarter mile run......

.........how to blow up an engine like a Boss......
Sorry to tell you, the stock motor is still going strong! :rockon:

Switch the C16 to Shell URT Advanced and it would make over 900!! :rockon:
I switched to Shell URT last summer. Great fuel!

Next week we'll be installing a new Fore Innovations fuel system with ID2000 injectors and switching to E85.

Users who are viewing this thread