850whp...which clutch to buy...

Mike@TF

Established Member
if you prefer not to run a twin disk go ahead and drop an auto in it...no way not going with a twin disk at that power level sorry... spec twin disk is my choice..

AdamB18CYA

Established Member
if you prefer not to run a twin disk go ahead and drop an auto in it...no way not going with a twin disk at that power level sorry... spec twin disk is my choice..

My only problem with a twin is the drivability. Is there a somewhat smooth engaging twin thats not going to kill my calf?

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
My buddy is making over 800 at the wheels with a 3.4 crusher and he has the Mcloed RXT and he loves it. The clutch feels like stock almost. I will be going with it when i do my TT build

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i have an ACT twin disc and absolutely love it! but dont count on it lasting too long maybe a year depending how u drive and how often you go to the track.

Wildcard

Established Member
Spec 5 will hold that.

Just remember that stage 4 & 5 are for race only. I had a 4 once and it was undriveable on the street. It's either an all or nothing clutch. There's no middle ground. I went through 13 street lights burning out.... But I wasn't trying to. I was just trying to drive. It's not useable on the street.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i have a spec stage 3+ and it will hold the power. it is streetable, but i would recommend a twin disc over that. however one is $600-700 and the other is $1300-1500. so how much do you wanna spend is the real question....

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
I make over 800rwhp and I am still running a Spec 3+ clutch. No issues or slip whatsoever...

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
RXT is good, but me personally i like spec. ive only had 1 issue with there clutches about 7 years ago and they took care of me 100%. so because of their customer service and 4 cluches later(4 different mustangs) i vote spec.

AdamB18CYA

Established Member
I have a spec 3+ now, but I don't want to have any issues down the road. I'm attempting to do everything at once. Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 26 spline rxt at?

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a spec 3+ now, but I don't want to have any issues down the road. I'm attempting to do everything at once. Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 26 spline rxt at?

Aside from Jegs or Summit we are hands down the largest McLeod distributor. Give us a call and any of our sales associates will be more than willing to give you our knowledge and best price in regards to the RXT.

Thanks,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread