850 RWHP Can the 5.4 handle it?

backinastang

Established Member
GT500 w/850 RWHP Can the 5.4 handle it? Is it Legit?

I'm wondering if this is a safe level. He has a 2.9 Whipple and claims he is running 17 lbs of boost. It seems low from what I have seen. He has a 3.5 pulley. Heck I'll post a link. What do you all think. It seems unsafe to me.

I have the mod bug and think I'm better off with a GT500. I Love my 2011 GT but it's just a GT and it's not fast enough. I want around 650 HP. This seems like a bit much in my book but its a sweet deal. It's basically a super snake minus the hood.

Cars for Sale: 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe in Houston, TX 77069: Coupe Details - 314471637 - AutoTrader.com

Last edited by Backinastang; Today at 03:55 PM.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Havent there been several new 5.0 GTs modded up to 700+whp? Pretty much a Procharger and fuel sys away.

Van@RevanRacing

I'm wondering if this is a safe level. He has a 2.9 Whipple and claims he is running 17 lbs of boost. It seems low from what I have seen. He has a 3.5 pulley. Heck I'll post a link. What do you all think. It seems unsafe to me.

I have the mod bug and think I'm better off with a GT500. I Love my 2011 GT but it's just a GT and it's not fast enough. I want around 650 HP. This seems like a bit much in my book but its a sweet deal. It's basically a super snake minus the hood.

Cars for Sale: 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe in Houston, TX 77069: Coupe Details - 314471637 - AutoTrader.com

Last edited by Backinastang; Today at 03:55 PM.

I know the customer and I know the car. He's meticulous with his cars and I think he might be quoting flywheel power 850 Rear Wheel Horsepower can only be achieved on a stock motor with more boost and race gas.

Regardless he has bought a lot of the products on that car from me. It's legit and he's a good guy. Explains why I haven't heard from him in so long! LOL

Good luck.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs

2nd2none

Established Member
I know the customer and I know the car. He's meticulous with his cars and I think he might be quoting flywheel power 850 Rear Wheel Horsepower can only be achieved on a stock motor with more boost and race gas.

Regardless he has bought a lot of the products on that car from me. It's legit and he's a good guy. Explains why I haven't heard from him in so long! LOL

Good luck.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs

looks like Justindewoody from the TeamShelby.com forums (http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/user/25606-justindewoody/). Not sure if hes on these boards. If so, yeah, hes seems very meticulous with his cars just from following his old build threads on there.

backinastang

Established Member
Havent there been several new 5.0 GTs modded up to 700+whp? Pretty much a Procharger and fuel sys away.

I want something that isn't going to blow up on me. 5.0 with 11.o Compression seems like a bad idea to boost. I'm think 525 kit would be safe buts that's only 485 or so rwhp. I really want 600-650 rwhp and I want it to hold up. In my youth I could do the work myself but these days and with a fused back, I'd have to pay someone to do the eng swap and S/C install.

Also, there is something about owning a GT500.

bull3441

Established Member
I want something that isn't going to blow up on me. 5.0 with 11.o Compression seems like a bad idea to boost. I'm think 525 kit would be safe buts that's only 485 or so rwhp. I really want 600-650 rwhp and I want it to hold up. In my youth I could do the work myself but these days and with a fused back, I'd have to pay someone to do the eng swap and S/C install.

Also, there is something about owning a GT500.
buy a used Boss and slap a Vortech on it.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Generous dyno....

It looks good,in the pics, too bad o engine bay or brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread