831rwhp twin turbocharged Cobra

lebda

Established Member
Awsome! I think it's a repost, but I'm not a cop. Look how long it took for the turbos to kick in though. I'd like to see the graph. Not sold on the turbo lag yet.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
turbo cars on a dyno don't show an accurate indication of spool time. even on a mustang dyno, the load isn't like driving on the street. my dyno sheets show my car spooling up around 4,200 rpms, but it spools up fully by 3,500 rpms. down a shift or brake boost and you get instant full spool.:coolman:

shocker 420

Established Member
Zee said:
I'm gonna have to say, for 735RWHP, isn't 11.4 slow?

It was a shakedown run, and in the other thread about this video I think someone said that it was the first time the guy ever was at a track.

Zee

Established Member
Along with that, the car is said to be stock, and I don't have anything worth thinking about car wise, but I sure don't think the suspension would be excited to take a full blown run either.

And so I know for futures, can someone explain what I shakedown run is?

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
yeah sorry about the repost then, i thought it was released pretty recently. i just saw this thing at the track a few weeks back so i didnt think it was that old. oh well...

lebda

Established Member
NIELSTTCOBRA said:
turbo cars on a dyno don't show an accurate indication of spool time. even on a mustang dyno, the load isn't like driving on the street. my dyno sheets show my car spooling up around 4,200 rpms, but it spools up fully by 3,500 rpms. down a shift or brake boost and you get instant full spool.:coolman:

Makes sense.

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
Zee said:
Along with that, the car is said to be stock, and I don't have anything worth thinking about car wise, but I sure don't think the suspension would be excited to take a full blown run either.

And so I know for futures, can someone explain what I shakedown run is?

An 'easy' run to see if everything is working properly. You wouldn't want to thrash it hard at the track right after you get things set up would you?

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
that car should be deep in the 9's? ive seen that car make various 11 sec passes..something is either wrong with driver,tune,suspension tune,or ect. bad badass car neverthe less.

Users who are viewing this thread