800rwhp vs Hellcat....what

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I have never understood why people trash talk so much, it just makes you look stupid in the case you loose.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It was over from the hit it looks like. I want to say the Hellcat has some suspension work as well, it barely squatted and was gone.

It seems to me that even an auto is still faster than a built transmission and you power-shifting.

Correct, the new Auto's in most cars are no longer a detriment to performance at the track.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As others have already stated A8>mt82 M6. So if the charger put half the track and ran 10. @ 139, what did the mustang run with 800 rhwp...mid 11's? An A6 GT with that much RWHP would be mid 9's @ 140+.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
As others have already stated A8>mt82 M6. So if the charger put half the track and ran 10. @ 139, what did the mustang run with 800 rhwp...mid 11's? An A6 GT with that much RWHP would be mid 9's @ 140+.
Absolutely correct. I think VMP's 2015 A6 runs 9's in that trap speed you mentioned, or very near it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The manuals are the detriment. Not only can you not physically shift as fast as a tuned Auto, the MT82 and TR6060 are junk for drag racing.

Believe me, I know. My Boss 302 was a fantastic car, but clutch and trans hated the high rpms killing the fun factor of the car.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The manuals are the detriment. Not only can you not physically shift as fast as a tuned Auto, the MT82 and TR6060 are junk for drag racing.

I can tell you from experience, there were more than a few times my 2012 GT500 would lock me out at high rpm.
It was embarrassing and very frustrating when it would happen.

That and the replacement Spec clutch I had installed really killed it for me and after 37K miles I decided it was time to try something else.

After 11K miles in my Hellcat, I am still amazed at the A8.
It shifts fast and hard and keeps you right in the power band.

With a good set of Drag radials and a little driving technique, WOT runs from a dig are much easier than they were in the Shelby.

And if you get bored driving around in auto, you can switch over to manual and either use the stick or the paddle shifters to run through the gears and up the fun factor.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Few things

Hellcat has upper pulley / LTs / maybe E85 ONLY to make that power

Mustang driver talks shit, then drives like a 16 year old who just got his license. Priceless. Don't talk shit, period. Run your car not your mouth :lol:

The hellcat is a very typical setup. Nothing crazy.

RIP coyote :)

Users who are viewing this thread