800HP clutch upgrade, which one???

clnivens

Established Member
Just want to get some ideas from you guys as to which clutch you would recommend for a 800HP car. Its a built 323 with a 3.4 whipple/crusher with about 815 in the torque department. I was driving around the other day and the clutch soon fried up. I was aware that the prior clutch was an under-performer but wanted to use it up until it took a dive. Any and all recommendations would be most appreciated.

SlowSVT

Established Member
At your power level whatever you get make sure its a dual discs clutch

Centerforce
Mcleod
Ram

Not sure if one is better than another perhaps someone will chime in.

Get one with an aluminum flywheel or a light weigh steel one. Rotating mass is your enemy

mustang john

Established Member
For the price a McLeod RXT is hard to beat, especially if you caught Lethal's 20% off sale. I picked one up to replace my Ram HD now that I run a TVS and E85.

ctgreddy

Established Member
mcleod, spec, or ram twin disc. Any will hold, mcleod is very common because it's a bargain compared to the others but is still rated for 1000hp and it holds it. I've installed many rxt's and they're all quiet and great. I haven't installed any spec's or ram's, but I did put in a centerforce twin disc and while that one felt fine, it was very noisy at idle with the clutch out.

Users who are viewing this thread