80 in a 60 by an airplane

91tbird

Established Member
I got pulled over for an 80 in a 60, but heres the catch...I was radared by an airplane on a foggy rainy day, in a white acura integra with a Sunroof. The officer that pulled me over said the plane radared me, but I must have slowed down before I came around the corner towards him. I know I wasn't speeding since the integra only had 1st second and 3rd gear at the time, but I don't have anything to prove that....Is there any laws in washington that could go against the use of an airplane on a non clear day to tag a car? or a way of confirming that there was a identity problem when visibility is low?

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
i dont know about any laws or anything... but this happened to a friend of mine. up near SF he was radared by plane doing like 90 in a 65. he is going to fight it ill let you know how it turns out...
Jd

dh2398

Established Member
I thought the airplanes timed you going from point to point and based off your time they calculate your speed. How do they use radar from up there?

91tbird

Established Member
I fought it and won. Turns out you can argue the point to point system by simply stating their two points were off if they do not specifically say that they had labeled the points clearly or marked them in some way. Was nervous going in, because the judge read that the plane had voiced that they pulled over the correct car to the officer...but I could swear I had put on my cruise control, as I always do going down that highway cause its cop hell

Users who are viewing this thread