80 Cobra Turbo (newb)

n2omaverick

Life long 5.0 guy here, just did a partial trade, trading my 83 GT 5.0 Vert and cash my way for what appears to be an amazing little cobra.
It is a 1980 Cobra turbo 4cly with 21,000 original miles. I have no interest in this car and was hoping this forum would lead me to the proper channels to market this car correctly to the right collector. I am a member on "foureyedpride", the Corral.net, nmraracing.com, yellowbullet, horespower junkies.......ect. That is not the market that this vehicle belongs in.
Aside from EBAY, any ideas?

04SVTMystic

Powered By Cyberdyne
Established Member
99% of the interest in this section centers around the 1993 Cobras. With the exception of the '79 Pace Cars, there is little interest in the pre 1982 Fox Mustangs largely due to the engine line ups. The carbureted 2.3L turbo only put out about 130HP and had reliability and drivability issues. This draw through 2.3L T was withdrawn from the market in 1981 due to those issues.

That said, 1980 Cobra sightings are like seeing a unicorn and with such low mileage, you may find someone who holds these early Fox Cobras in high esteem. I'd say EBAY is your best choice. 1983 Mustang GT convertibles are very rare, introduced very late in the model year. I'm surprised you made the partial trade. Good luck.

Last edited:

bossman302

Banned
Life long 5.0 guy here, just did a partial trade, trading my 83 GT 5.0 Vert and cash my way for what appears to be an amazing little cobra.
It is a 1980 Cobra turbo 4cly with 21,000 original miles. I have no interest in this car and was hoping this forum would lead me to the proper channels to market this car correctly to the right collector. I am a member on "foureyedpride", the Corral.net, nmraracing.com, yellowbullet, horespower junkies.......ect. That is not the market that this vehicle belongs in.
Aside from EBAY, any ideas?

List it on Foureyed pride, should be easy to sell over that way. Lots of 4 eyed cobra guys over there. I also like them, nice cars.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP from Georgia. yep I remember those Cobras.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread