8 rib pulleys from a 5.4 truck motor?

GHRVENOM

Established Member
Would these bolt right up to my 99 4.6 Dohc for my Procharger aplication or are they not the proper size for my application?

99cobraR

Established Member
I'd strongly recommend using the correct pulleys for a 4.6, not just getting "close" with some 5.4 truck pulleys.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I'd strongly recommend using the correct pulleys for a 4.6, not just getting "close" with some 5.4 truck pulleys.

id love it if you could explain to me what the correct 8 rib pulleys are for the 4.6.

let me make it easy for, there are no 4.6 specific 8 rib pulleys.

OP, get the f150 or navigator 8 rib alternator, water pump, tensioner and idler pullies. If you want to be hardcore, you can get an SFI approved dampner, but the stock 8 rib dampner has worked fine in my 7200rpm application.

blower pulley should be reichard racing if you want it greatly reduce slip.

J

Janstang

^What Quad said.. You'll still have some minor shimming to do for your head unit and a couple of the idlers, but take your time and it works fine..

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Vortech makes a Maxgrip 8 rib conversion, but I'm not sure all of it would work with the Procharger :shrug: It's a little pricey too though...

elyrain

Established Member
I would measure all the pulleys before you buy them. you can only shim pulleys forward, so if they need to go backwards your kinda stuck unless you shim all the others forward.

Or, I guess I could take my lazy azz out to my truck and see if they are close. it's an 06 5.4l 3v. I'll go look in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread