8 rib conversion

rockthemullet

Established Member
The power pipe doesn't exactly fit with an 8-rib conversion. You need every possible nanometer of clearance. I had to have a custom pipe made with a TIGHT radius.

Hmm, good to know. I wasn't being cynical, I genuinely didn't know why it would matter. Judging by your mod list on your signature, you have a pretty nice runner :beer:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Hmm, good to know. I wasn't being cynical, I genuinely didn't know why it would matter. Judging by your mod list on your signature, you have a pretty nice runner :beer:

It scoots. :beer:

But on topic, I have the BGG Performance 8-rib kit ("GI Joe"). Excellent guy to work with (his name is Dave not Joe) and will answer any question you have.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have an 8-rib setup with a T-trim and the upper part of the fan assembly is cut out to accept the big 4" 90* coupler that connects the powerpipe to the blower inlet.

Oh, and my 8 rib 3.12 blower pulley is about half a millimeter off the alternator. It actually looks like the previous owner clearanced the alternator slightly for the pulley.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went ahead and ordered the pullies from Steve. I'm going to get an overdrive crank pulley from Kenne Bell. Then I'll talk to Procharger about what size pulley I'll need for the blower for the boost I want with my set up.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
It scoots. :beer:

But on topic, I have the BGG Performance 8-rib kit ("GI Joe"). Excellent guy to work with (his name is Dave not Joe) and will answer any question you have.

Yeah I just ordered from Dave and he is prior Air Force so we got a lot real well. I've been reading your thread on the F1 build and was also concerned with the temp sensor clearance. I have a P1SC with power pipe and it's already hugging the sensor, Dave said the 8-rib will extend everything out 1/4inch but I shouldn't have any issues. So why does everything I read have a issue with the temp sensor if its "supposed" to fit? Doesn't make sense to me and now I'm really concerned!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Yeah I just ordered from Dave and he is prior Air Force so we got a lot real well. I've been reading your thread on the F1 build and was also concerned with the temp sensor clearance. I have a P1SC with power pipe and it's already hugging the sensor, Dave said the 8-rib will extend everything out 1/4inch but I shouldn't have any issues. So why does everything I read have a issue with the temp sensor if its "supposed" to fit? Doesn't make sense to me and now I'm really concerned!

You will be fine with that puny P1. :poke: :beer: My buddy is running a D1 8-rib setup and still has the fan speed sensor in the stock location. The rubber elbow is definitely pushing on it though. If you are a perfectionist like me, you might hate that.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
thanks for the info. As long as it doesn't snap the sensor I could care less. I was hoping that since the P1 was smaller it would work, I'll leave the F1 to people with more money than me, lol. Thanks.

THAITED

Established Member

Dave is a good guy, I bought the kit from him too.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I have the BGG/GI Joe 8rib kit and a Riechard Racing 3.9 pulley.

I had to space the blower bracket out a little more and cut about a 1/2" off the rubber elbow of my powerpipe to get it to fit, but everything fits nicely.

I had to take off and put on the blower about 3 times to get the spacing right and lined up with the alternator.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

DSC_4032.jpg

Last edited:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
why are there so many issues with this? I thought the directions should fix any issues. You figure everything should be aligned correctly when you just bolt it back up. Forgive me since I've only done crank pulley's but I just took the pulley off, tightened the new one on and put the belt on. This was the same way in all my F150's, why the hell is the cobra so hard?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
why are there so many issues with this? I thought the directions should fix any issues. You figure everything should be aligned correctly when you just bolt it back up. Forgive me since I've only done crank pulley's but I just took the pulley off, tightened the new one on and put the belt on. This was the same way in all my F150's, why the hell is the cobra so hard?

You are spacing everything out 1/4". Most spacers/washers used to get the blower 1/4" out are not exactly the same in thickness. Every car is different.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Like Chris said every car is different...Im tryn to fix my 8 rib issues, I think we fixed them Ill find out when I go the track and see If Im missing a few ribs lol

sisky wolf

Established Member
The power pipe doesn't exactly fit with an 8-rib conversion. You need every possible nanometer of clearance. I had to have a custom pipe made with a TIGHT radius.

I removed my aftclr and went with Snow stage 2 meth running 8 rib pulley 3.0 and kept my Anderson power pipe .pulling 17 lbs. boost at 7000 rpm..the rwhp is on a mustang dyno whern we only had 5oo miles on new motor..I know i've picked up 30 to 40 more rwhp, especially when I changed to synthetic..motor now has 3000 mils-es on it....No problem keeping the pwr pipe..at least not in my case.

THAITED

Established Member
I removed my aftclr and went with Snow stage 2 meth running 8 rib pulley 3.0 and kept my Anderson power pipe .pulling 17 lbs. boost at 7000 rpm..the rwhp is on a mustang dyno whern we only had 5oo miles on new motor..I know i've picked up 30 to 40 more rwhp, especially when I changed to synthetic..motor now has 3000 mils-es on it....No problem keeping the pwr pipe..at least not in my case.

It fits, just have to grind the radiator bracket out a little bit.

IMG_0560.jpg

Last edited:

sisky wolf

Established Member
8 rib

Are you running a Vortech? Can I see some up-close pictures of the powerpipe / radiator area? What K-member?

Yes..Vortech "M" race T-trim..capable of 26 lbs. will try and find a better pic of the engine
Tubular K member and A frames

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread