8 RIB Belts Not Lasting. How do I get rid of Belt Slipping????

Ten2ndNova

Established Member
I have a 00 gt with a 04 32valve 4.6... It has a KB 2.2 and makes 21 pounds of boost... I have a 8 Rib Gates serpantine belt on it now and they dont last very long then the start slipping like a mo fo.. I have stock idler pulleys and a 100mm pulley on the tensioner on the top... All I hear is bad about the cog setups and I think the noise would drive me nuts.. Is there a better belt I can buy or is there a 10 rib conversion I can get???? Any ideas???
Thanks
Chris

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I have a 00 gt with a 04 32valve 4.6... It has a KB 2.2 and makes 21 pounds of boost... I have a 8 Rib Gates serpantine belt on it now and they dont last very long then the start slipping like a mo fo.. I have stock idler pulleys and a 100mm pulley on the tensioner on the top... All I hear is bad about the cog setups and I think the noise would drive me nuts.. Is there a better belt I can buy or is there a 10 rib conversion I can get???? Any ideas???
Thanks
Chris

How far is your tensioner engaging? You may have a bad tensioner or too long of a belt.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Thanks
Chris

I wonder if you have a bad tensioner...

Users who are viewing this thread