8 Point Roll Cage... Install pricing Question.

GTpower01

Established Member
Hey all,

So I orginially had a 6 Point bolt in roll bar by rpm and just bought their 8 point conversion/extension kit to make the car 8.50 certified.

My question is..... All you guys with roll cages, what do you pay for install? I have a full interior and the 2 pillar bars that will go THROUGH the dash- not around dash. I kept all the electronics, full dash, ac, etc. They will also install the 5 point harnesses and 2 window nets and yes the windshield will have to be removed. They estimated me about 50hrs of labor.

Does this sound right?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I'm not sure where you are getting 8 point/8.50 from as I'm not sure what exactly you have in your car right now. An 8 point will certify to 10.0, and I just got one installed instead of the 8.50/10 point cage (I didn't want to go through the dash). However, I did get a quote for the 8.50 cage through the dash from the same very well known chassis shop. The 8.50 cage would have been $3000 plus labor for interior removal at rate for roughly 10 hours (here labor rate was quoted at $85/hour). Plus 5 point harnesses, window nets, and if you are paying them to get it certed. Make sure it's chromoly.

I would think 40-50 hours is within the realm of being a realistic quote, but I would want an exact DOLLAR number before even considering the shop. I was planning on a $5000 budget for the 8.50 cage with 2 harnesses and a window net.

barstowpo

Established Member
I had a full cage put in a road race Fox body for around $3000. The car was already gutted though.

GTpower01

Established Member
Sounds about right then. Keeping the full interior is a little excessive and I custom routed the pillar bars through the dash which takes more time than around the dash. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread