#8 options

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
It's a HORRIBLE feeling... but like I said, I'm gonna install it anyways and see how it goes. I should find out pretty quick if it's weak

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You could always throw a battery charger on the car and do another compression check and see if you get different results, did you perform it on number 8 last? or first?

Seen 3-4 Lund number 8 failures in the last month or two. Have no idea what he is doing.

-Thomas

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
You could always throw a battery charger on the car and do another compression check and see if you get different results, did you perform it on number 8 last? or first?

Seen 3-4 Lund number 8 failures in the last month or two. Have no idea what he is doing.

-Thomas

was wondering the same thing... jeeze

Texas50

-Thomas

Might be the fact that he's swamped with tunes.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
How do you know it was the tune? It could have been the owner. Could have put 87 in it, used a shitty gas station with the wrong oct in the tank. Over reved the motor, ran low on oil. Other stuff does happen to get #8 super hot. Omg #8

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
How do you know it was the tune? It could have been the owner. Could have put 87 in it, used a shitty gas station with the wrong oct in the tank. Over reved the motor, ran low on oil. Other stuff does happen to get #8 super hot. Omg #8

Yes... I used 87, never checked my oil... Lol

I never claimed it was the tune....

I honestly dont even really care. It's a lot of $$$ but in the end I was gonna do a built motor anyways, I just have to do it soon than expected

I don't even know if its that bad yet. It's within the 15% so I'm good with that for now. It's a modded car, some last, some dont. whatever

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Easy there buddy. You always seem bent out of shape whenever a thread like this comes up.

No one blamed lund for anything. Just seems like a couple more with his tune's might have had some bad luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

04compgt

Established Member
I think everyone goes crazy on these threads and don't look at the facts. The fact of the matter is that it sounds that his motor is ok. 149 psi on a cylinder doesn't mean its bad. 15% difference between cylinders is normal. If there is no loss in power, no noise, smoking, etc. More than likely his motor is ok. Put the blower on and let her rip.

thebreather

Established Member
I think everyone goes crazy on these threads and don't look at the facts. The fact of the matter is that it sounds that his motor is ok. 149 psi on a cylinder doesn't mean its bad. 15% difference between cylinders is normal. If there is no loss in power, no noise, smoking, etc. More than likely his motor is ok. Put the blower on and let her rip.

15% difference is not normal at all

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Ford has a compression pressure limit chart they use, as long as the lowest reading cylinder is at least 75% of the highest reading cylinder it is within specs.

-Thomas

thebreather

Established Member
Ford has a compression pressure limit chart they use, as long as the lowest reading cylinder is at least 75% of the highest reading cylinder it is within specs.

-Thomas

holy crap 25% low is now normal now in one affected cylinder????

dont fool you self.
not normal. theres some damage in there bro.

Users who are viewing this thread