8 months 3 days!

5.0 guy

Established Member
I put my name at the dealer Nov 2011, order made on March 16, built Oct 15 and delivered Nov 19. Did anyone have a longer wait then me?

5.0 guy

Established Member
Also wanted to add that durring shipping the rear tires were torn up from someone spinning them in gravel, six inch long scratch below GT500 decal on driver front quarter panel and front splitter is all torn up. Dealer ordered replacement parts and will have to repaint panel, the thing that bothered me the most was the five inch long dealer plastic decal they stuck on the trunk lid. They removed that immediately!

5.0 guy

Established Member
I know the owner and most if the staff since I have so many Fords so I felt obligated to Honor my order, it was tough but hung in there to the end!

Last edited:

oldie68

Established Member
congratulations enjoy your ride

I ordered April 12th and have a December 3rd build date so my wait is going to be as long

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Also wanted to add that durring shipping the rear tires were torn up from someone spinning them in gravel, six inch long scratch below GT500 decal on driver front quarter panel and front splitter is all torn up. Dealer ordered replacement parts and will have to repaint panel, the thing that bothered me the most was the five inch long dealer plastic decal they stuck on the trunk lid. They removed that immediately!
That would piss me off, but it's not a new story. I'm telling the dealer to leave my silver '13 completely untouched. That's how I got my first '13 from Champaign Ford. It was still in plastic when it came off the Exotic Car Transport hauler. I unwrapped and cleaned it then had a local detailer do a complete new car detail on it.
S.

high pressure

Established Member
Congrats on your new ride! That's to bad about the damage but it sounds like they are going to get it taken care of for you. As soon as you put some miles on it I am sure you will be happy you waited.

You ever drive down to Castle Rock or to Golden for the cruise nights?

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I put my name at the dealer Nov 2011, order made on March 16, built Oct 15 and delivered Nov 19. Did anyone have a longer wait then me?

I ordered my car on 4/9. Car built 10/18. It was just shipped via train to twin oaks PA on Tues night awaiting truck transport to dealership in NJ. Hoping it will be here Friday. The wait is killing me.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Seems like some of you have waited as long, hang on there as it is Definately worth the wait, I got pulled over last night by two police cars, they said I was doing 38 in a 30 and I know I wasn't speeding. The second guy that showed started asking me questions about the engine, shifter ect so I think there was a different intent on the traffic stop. The first guy said my record was clean and I was good to go. They were both real nice guys but I think there was an interest in the car more then anything.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Congrats on your new ride! That's to bad about the damage but it sounds like they are going to get it taken care of for you. As soon as you put some miles on it I am sure you will be happy you waited.

You ever drive down to Castle Rock or to Golden for the cruise nights?

Never been but sounds like fun, we go to Denver often so we are in that area often so will have to check it out!

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I ordered my car on 4/9. Car built 10/18. It was just shipped via train to twin oaks PA on Tues night awaiting truck transport to dealership in NJ. Hoping it will be here Friday. The wait is killing me.

It's Definately time to get excited, it's an incredible car, the power for stock is awesome and the Recaros are my favorite option by far!

5.0 guy

Established Member
That would piss me off, but it's not a new story. I'm telling the dealer to leave my silver '13 completely untouched. That's how I got my first '13 from Champaign Ford. It was still in plastic when it came off the Exotic Car Transport hauler. I unwrapped and cleaned it then had a local detailer do a complete new car detail on it.
S.

I did the same with my wife's Srt Jeep in August, make sure you look the entire car over well, I missed a scuffed wheel when I took delivery and they wouldn't do anything for me and one wheel is $1450.

mach330

Established Member

I put my name in at a dealership early March, was later told they could only get 1 and I was number 2, placed a deposit at another dealership in June, they lied to me and didn't have an allocation which I found out in late August, placed a third order at another dealership in Sept and delivered 11/15/2012. So I feel your pain.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I put my name in at a dealership early March, was later told they could only get 1 and I was number 2, placed a deposit at another dealership in June, they lied to me and didn't have an allocation which I found out in late August, placed a third order at another dealership in Sept and delivered 11/15/2012. So I feel your pain.

Damn! What a terrible journey to getting your car, mine was built the day yours was delivered! One thing I did benefit was they stuck to their guns and kept the price at MSRP and didn't try to screw me like some people experienced. Enjoy your car, I plan to take some pics of my cars together this weekend so ill post some this week.

Users who are viewing this thread