8 hour enduro results

TimB

Established Member
Just thought I'd report on our race this last weekend. The R ran in the Cascade 8 hour enduro at Portland International Raceway finishing 3rd in class and 4th overall. We led the race several times and looked good for the overall win but a tire failed right after the pit entrance and my co-driver had to limp around a complete lap with a flat right front tire. We set the 2nd fastest race lap and other than the tire problems the car ran great.

Tim

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
awesome, thanks for the update....too bad about the flat tire, but some things just arent preventable....

TimB

Established Member
Mark

Still with the iron block .I'am hoping to get the aluminum block together this winter.Need to lose some weight from the front end , in longer runs the car is still too hard on front tires.Part of the reason we lost was a switch from Pirelli slicks to Goodyear ,the left front Goodyear was cording in an hour and ten to twenty minutes.Luckily I had some used Pirelli's so we put them on and they were good for 2-3 hours. The car that won was a porsche gt3 supercup , we were faster but they could go a half hour longer on fuel and had air jacks for their tire stops.Plus they did not have a flat like us.

Tim

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Great job! Yours will be the most famous of the 00R's

Congrats! Who is the sanctioning body?

How in the world did a Porsche GT3 SC ($150K new; another $100K in mods to race) end up in the same class as you??

Two drivers in an eight hour? You guys must be in good shape.

Curious minds have to know... How many miles were covered? How much fuel was used? How many tires? Brake pads/rotors? Did the driver have to exit the car before fueling? How did they level the playing field with the pit stops (ie: rich teams could hire NASCAR like pit crews while the team with a smaller budget would have a big disadvantage)?

Do you have to replace all maintanence items after an 8 hour enduro?

TimB

Established Member
The race is an icscc event , our class includes all cars over 3 litres ,we used 4 sets of front tires ,2 sets of rears ,ran the race on one set of pads(pagids),used 120 gallons of vp c12 race fuel and we had 3 drivers.No work can be performed on the car during refueling and we covered aprox 700 miles.As far as post race maintenance I replace brake pads ,frt brake rotors,frt hubs,rear hubs and bearings ,change all fluids and do a general mechanical inspection.Items that broke during the race were the starter motor and we ripped an right outer cv boot.Otherwise the car looks good.

Tim

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
tbrown14 said:
Bruce

Thanks , great video at RA, what rpm ,speed do you pull flat out,looks fast.

Tim

Tim:

Top speed is a tick over 160. Sorry, but I really don't know the rpm at that speed? I do have 4:10 gears this year. At that speed the car is still pulling like crazy! :rockon:

If you have a need for speed, Road America is a good place to go to satisfy it!! :pepper:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on the cover story (with great photos) in the Jan. 2006 issue of "Mustang Enthusiast" magazine.

"Number 226 went under the knive after some 3000 miles pleasurable miles...... Early modifications came in an effort to trim to hefty 3610 pound weight....to a comfrtable 2980 :eek: , while at the same time improving weight distribution from 56.5 over the front wheels, to 53.5 percent."

Oh yea, That is an impressive list of mods (The Nuts & Bolts column).

Everyone with an 00R should buy this issue. (customer service # 1-800-448-3611)

TimB

Established Member
Thanks , I have not seen the article yet , if it has any track photos they are from earlier in the year at Pacific Raceways and I believe some of the other photos are from a few years ago. I have added a few items since that was written , a Crawford Composites rear wing and some more tuning on the engine , new numbers are 472rwhp and 465 lb/ft on a dyno dynamics chassis dyno. Winter projects are dry sumped aluminum block , new shocks and some wiring harness cleanup.

Thanks
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread