8 Dead at California 200 Baja Race

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Dang that sucks!

In those off road rallies of the various classes of racing, I often see people get far too close especially around the curves & wonder why they cannot try & predict what could happen in a bad situation.

In the case of this does not mean these people did, in racing, anything bad can happen at anytime & anywhere.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
just saw this on yahoo, thats horrible. I find it funny the driver had to run away to escape being "stoned" or whatever when these retarded people were standing 10 feet from the track. What do you expect to happen when you are that close and something goes wrong???

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
Doesn't surprise me at all. Like Gump said, in the videos I see, people are always right next to the trucks during the race with no king of barrier.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Dang that sucks!

In those off road rallies of the various classes of racing, I often see people get far too close especially around the curves & wonder why they cannot try & predict what could happen in a bad situation.

In the case of this does not mean these people did, in racing, anything bad can happen at anytime & anywhere.

This.

People are nearly ALWAYS standing too close. I never get that close when watching stuff like that because stuff like this DOES happen.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Very unfortunate it happened but it is surprising that isn't more common at these events.

Last edited:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Not the vid but damn. :eek:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PtoxPfXTFs"]YouTube- baja 1000[/nomedia]

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ HoooooooooooooooLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shittes

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
there is nothing safe about spectating at racing events.

hell if DiRT/DiRT2 had a kill count everytime i careened off the track and into the stands........

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Not the vid but damn. :eek:
YouTube- baja 1000

Pause 1st vid ^ at 7 sec mark. See the guy kneeling in the hat with the camcorder? I think this is the same guy.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPUw57piY0&feature=related"]YouTube- 2006 Baja 1000 Ojos Negros Monster TT Hits Person![/nomedia]

Last edited:

7.62x51

Established Member
wow, no joke - I found out the driver, 'sloppy' - used to party with him a few years back, grew up together. Not really a close friend but I definitely know of him. One of the guys that was killed, aaron farkas - went to high school together, and he is same age as me (25). Both of those guys are close friends with my best buddy (who is currently in fed. prison, lol)

small world. really feel bad for sloppy, Im sure he is hurting big time right now emotionally

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the saddest, most disgusting part of all of this is that the crowd tried to attack the driver. YES, HE INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO FLIP HIS TRUCK INTO YOU MORONS WHO HAVE NO CONCERN FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY[/sar...]. it really REALLY sucks that this happened, especially with the number of sanctioned motorsports accidents(I.E., NOT illegal street racing incidents) that have occured these past 2 years, but it's hard to feel sorry for the people that were hit. just like all those rally racing vids with people standing inches from the cars going 80MPH, you KNOW the risk. i swear to god, if someone sues...

Users who are viewing this thread