8.99@152

61mmstang94

Established Member
Best pass over the weekend. It weighed 3300lbs with me in it on their scale and I have about 5 psi more I can throw at it and maybe get a few more tenths and MPH out of it, but this was at the MIR Import vs. Domestic event over the weekend where I lost in this round to a nice looking blue C5 Vette that went 8.70s. Was a good weekend and I saw a few nice Mustangs out there including a couple nice 03-04s.

Here's the breakdown:

R/T ... .625
60' ... 1.394
330 ... 3.796
1/8 ... 5.795
MPH ... 122.98
1000 ... 7.524
1/4 ... 8.997
MPH ... 152.28

Here's a picture of the pass:

1080668826_jhsGn-L.jpg

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Huh I never thought I'd see actual pics of your car. Looks nice got any video of the pass?

61mmstang94

Established Member
Huh I never thought I'd see actual pics of your car. Looks nice got any video of the pass?

I have a video of one of the 9.20 passes that I could try to get on here when I get the camera and upload it. The pic was just taken by a track photographer because I usually never take pics of my own car so that's the only reason I have that one to begin with lol.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
nice times..you live in maryland..i swear this car looks like the one up a couple of houses from me

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
nice times..you live in maryland..i swear this car looks like the one up a couple of houses from me

Could be. Is yours always in a garage up on jackstands? I think I may have seen it before also. Your car looks nice in person if it's the one. :beer:

61mmstang94

Established Member
yeah thats me..i actually talk to your dad at least i think thats who he is.
yeah the car's been there for a while now since the house i'm at has no garage for me to keep it in and he lives down your street.

Sick car man, I saw you running this weekend. Here's a pic I got of it.

stangmir.jpg

cool that's a good picture....it was a pretty good weekend and a lot of nice cars.

Robz

Established Member
Best pass over the weekend. It weighed 3300lbs with me in it on their scale and I have about 5 psi more I can throw at it and maybe get a few more tenths and MPH out of it, but this was at the MIR Import vs. Domestic event over the weekend where I lost in this round to a nice looking blue C5 Vette that went 8.70s. Was a good weekend and I saw a few nice Mustangs out there including a couple nice 03-04s.

Here's the breakdown:

R/T ... .625
60' ... 1.394
330 ... 3.796
1/8 ... 5.795
MPH ... 122.98
1000 ... 7.524
1/4 ... 8.997
MPH ... 152.28

Here's a picture of the pass:

1080668826_jhsGn-L.jpg
Nice pass! That's geting it done.
A friend of mine owns that c5.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Nice pass! That's geting it done.
A friend of mine owns that c5.
Yeah, the C5 was very nice and clean looking and 60' like crazy! Did 1.2x against me and it's from PA. Very nice car for sure.

How far did you go in the rounds?
Got eliminated right away by that Vette which I'm sure made it pretty far or even won it unless he had a bad pass. He qualified number 2 and I'm pretty sure that car should have close to 8.5Xs in it.

The thing that sucked about the "wild street" class is that imports could run bigger turbos, nitrous and weigh a lot less than someone with a domestic V8 setup so there were a handful of honda civic hatchbacks that weighed 2400lbs with a bigger turbo and maybe nitrous running mid-high 8 seconds in the quarter but going in the 170mph range.

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
The thing that sucked about the "wild street" class is that imports could run bigger turbos, nitrous and weigh a lot less than someone with a domestic V8 setup so there were a handful of honda civic hatchbacks that weighed 2400lbs with a bigger turbo and maybe nitrous running mid-high 8 seconds in the quarter but going in the 170mph range.

I noticed this as well. I was at MIR for both days, and a lot of those civics are just absolutely flying on the back half of the track. Domestic cars are definitely handicapped.

My buddy's co-worker had a civic running in the true street class, and was going 165 MPH! He's got about 15 grand in the whole setup. You gotta love a good power to weight ratio, I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread