8.71 @ 156 mph -- some cool launches at 120fps

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Went testing yesterday at Famoso. First race was against a Mercedes that ran a 10.01 @ 139 mph! I wasn't expecting that--that was pretty stout.

Anyway I am working through the N20 tune, should be in the 8.60s next time out. Shot some launches with the go pro at 720hd @ 120 fps. Here is a short video I put together:

[youtube_browser]mZk7pEoPgBU[/youtube_browser]

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
THanks for the positive comments everyone.

Yeah, you can learn Imovie in like an hour. Really simple to edit and make decent vids.

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
The launch slomo's and the rear facing clips were the black edition go pro Hero 3. The rear window shot was filmed in 1080 / 60 fps, on medium field of view.

The launch slomo vids were at 720p @ 120 fps. I didn't use the 480 @ 240 fps because the field of view is very wide, so I knew I would need to crop the video as I couldn't get the camera close enough. So I chose the 720 so I could zoom in some.

If I could set the camera very close to the car, the 480 @ 240 fps I am sure would come out great--but you need to set the camera literally 8 feet away from the car--the field of view is that wide.

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Impressive! Is that your fastest time?

That had to be record run for a CLK BS. Any idea what mods?

Yes that was a record for him. He is over at MBworld.org. It has a Weistec supercharger, but not sure about any of the mods.

As for me, yeah that 8.71 @ 156 is the fastest so far, but still sorting out the N20 tune bit by bit. 8.60s for sure next time out.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Impressive! Is that your fastest time?

That had to be record run for a CLK BS. Any idea what mods?

I was thinking the same thing. I absolutely love the Black Series. I can't imagine how much $$ that guy has dumped into that car for those numbers. I know that even the slightest mods to my CLK i used to have were obnoxiously expensive.

Great car and vid OP! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread