8.5:1 comp Cobra engine with a centri blower?

DRK HRS

Established Member
I'm upgrading my Mach 1. I found a really nice deal on a factory fresh 03/04 Cobra short block built for 1000 HP with Manley pistons/rods, 8 bolt Cobra crank, all ARP hardware, but still keeps the original 8.5:1 compression ratio of the Terminators. If I had a roots or twin-screw I wouldn't think twice about it, but how is this going to perform with a P-1SC? What will my power curve look like on the dyno, and how will it feel out-of-boost just cruising around town?

It's my daily driver, so if it's going to feel really sluggish when I'm just driving normally I might want to get different pistons for a higher comp ratio. Wanted to get a Livernois engine, but it would be like $11k for the engine alone and that's just too much money. Aiming for 600-ish rwhp or whatever this blower can give me. Is that much power even possible with a P-1SC and 8.5 compression?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I've never drove a Terminator with a centri - but I've seen graphs posted and your right to be worried about a serious lack of power down low.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
just repeating myself from my post on M1R, I wouldnt do it. The cost to tear it down to swap pistons, I just cant see it being THAT good of a deal

65fastback289

Established Member
if you used that motor, you would need 4.11's rear gears at a minimum. 4.30's would probably be even better.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It'll work, I ran a 8:5 engine on my car and it hauled ass.. Just gotta throw some solid gearing in like someone posted.. 4.10's or 4.30's

Users who are viewing this thread