7th gen Civic Owners, please step inside...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hello Gang,

As some of you might remember my oldest son got a 2004 civic dx (automatic trans) for his 16th bday. He's had it about 7 months and now wants some "go faster" parts for his car. We ordered the following for him.

Spec D System Exhaust (stainless) with titanium blue tip

Stainless headers

Velocity Intake

My question is, will I need to get tuning done? If so who could you rec'd in the Chicagoland area OR is there a decent mail order tune I can get?

Thanks!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hello Gang,

As some of you might remember my oldest son got a 2004 civic dx (automatic trans) for his 16th bday. He's had it about 7 months and now wants some "go faster" parts for his car. We ordered the following for him.

Stainless headers

Velocity Intake

My question is, will I need to get tuning done? If so who could you rec'd in the Chicagoland area OR is there a decent mail order tune I can get?

Thanks!
You probably stop and get him a matching dress and heel combo before you do anything else. Lol

Several civic owners here may be able to assist.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Im not 100% familiar with the D17 engines but from what I just read it looks like you are limited to piggy back fuel controllers for your sons stock ECU. Save up for a K20 swap and have some fun with the car, I dont think there are big gains to me had with the d17. Here is a link with some good info and I am sure these people can point you in the right direction.

https://www.hondata.com/kpro-d17

Click on the Hondata dealer once you go to the link above and it looks they have a couple located in Illinois.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just spray it with 50-75hp worth of nitrous. A wet kit is cheap and easy to install. The Zex wet kits have an integrated WOT switch to keep it only when needed. Grab 1 step colder plugs, 93 octane and let it rip.

Another would be a maxbore.com ported throttle body. Cheap and easy to install. Guy does amazing work and ive used him for a few cars. Grab a used throttle body and intake manifold from a junkyard and have him port them. Runs like $100 for the porting service.

From there start building up for a K20/6-speed swap. Those K20 motors with a turbo can make crazy power.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Hello Gang,

Stainless headers

Velocity Intake

Thanks!
Money pit bro, just get him a new Civic SI. That way he learns how to drive a stick. Can always for Fiesta ST or Focus ST too.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
His son just got one. So he wants to know if he needs to get his son's car tuned, not whether he should trade it in for a new one.
Civic dx is not an SI. I know that civic it is slow as balls. That civic is like a v6 mustang pre 300hp v6. Has like 130 or 140hp, while the SI a generation after has 197hp and a 6 speed.

Ok I just read entire post,op already bought all the parts. Lol more money then sense.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
you need the tune to make power from your mods. otherwise you're simply paying a lot of money for the sound and looks. if u change the A/F u need to adjust to it.

if you want to maximize ur mods u need a tune. the ECU can adjust for mods to some degree but what that degree is is anyones guess so I would find a local tuner to take advantage of ur recent mods.

maybe u can get a canned tune I mean there are 10 zillion civics out there so maybe u can do it remotely I'm not sure but jus slapping it on aint gonna make it faster.

Hello Gang,

Stainless headers

Velocity Intake

Thanks!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
again, the kid is 16...it's his first car, he's paying for the parts himself. yes it's a turd but he likes the car and wants to mod it. I guess no one here has had humble beginnings! lol

I got my old mans 100K mile beater Mitsubishi Galant at 16. I was probably at super shops every weekend buying junk to throw on it :D I will say for me at least, driving that shit pile motivated me to ultimately save up for my first Mustang, a used 94 GT that I bought a few years later.

ArabianOak

Established Member
What a waste of money. That generation Civic are turds.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's and ordered three T66 turbos with NOS... and a Motec system and exhaust.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
First truck was an 81 F150 with a 302 that we ran glasspacks and no cats on. Slow as shit but i had fun

Never_Enough

Established Member
again, the kid is 16...it's his first car, he's paying for the parts himself. yes it's a turd but he likes the car and wants to mod it. I guess no one here has had humble beginnings! lol
Save the $ to buy his next car...a car that is actually fast/quick. Don't mod the Civic!

Users who are viewing this thread