7k launch + best clutch

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Searching for the clutch best suited for drag strip 7k launch n/a.

398/408whp
mt82
Et drag
d.s.
Bmr uca, lca+relo brackets

I would like this to be rock solid and dialed in before I spray 100shot so I am taking the axle to dts to weld the tubes.
I searched and read a lot but I need to know what works best under the intended application. Rxt/exedy/spec +3 twin or single?
Thanks

kdaly

Established Member
Searching for the clutch best suited for drag strip 7k launch n/a.

398/408whp
mt82
Et drag
d.s.
Bmr uca, lca+relo brackets

I would like this to be rock solid and dialed in before I spray 100shot so I am taking the axle to dts to weld the tubes.
I searched and read a lot but I need to know what works best under the intended application. Rxt/exedy/spec +3 twin or single?
Thanks

7k Launch, woah. Your gonna need to build the tranny to handle that. Not sure how your plan on hooking. I have no experience at the drag strip but I've not caught wind of other dumping at this rpm. Something is gonna break.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
for an n/a car, the mach 600 is really nice if you want a single disc, if your going dual, the rst or rxt will work well. the rxt will have the quickest catch for a drag launch

Mark Aubele

Established Member
for an n/a car, the mach 600 is really nice if you want a single disc, if your going dual, the rst or rxt will work well. the rxt will have the quickest catch for a drag launch

How does the Mach 600 tolerate 7900 rpm shifts? Need to upgrade after CJ swap.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I'm a big fan personally of a Mcleod RST Clutch.

Great clutch for high RPM shifting, the RST has enough grab to hold the power but not too much to break stuff. The RXT is a really nice clutch for guys making 600+ rwhp that race pretty often. But the RST will allow it to slip some which will alleviate some of the strain on the transmission and rear end. Which should prolong the life of your MT82.

http://www.jpcracing.com/mcleod-rst-twin-disc-2011-5-0-kit/

Users who are viewing this thread