76mm to 88mm guys

fangs99

Established Member
I just wanted to know if any of you guys that have gone from a 76 to a 88, what your thoughts are on the 2 sizes and do you miss the 76?

fangs99

Established Member
The reason I'm asking is that I have a very responsive setup with my 7675 precision and I think when I turn up the boost when I convert to E85 that it will hit the tires to hard on the transbrake.... And I've heard the bigger turbos have better drive ability on the street.

badblacklx

Established Member
The reason I'm asking is that I have a very responsive setup with my 7675 precision and I think when I turn up the boost when I convert to E85 that it will hit the tires to hard on the transbrake.... And I've heard the bigger turbos have better drive ability on the street.

This info is bogus. Amount of power can be adjusted on the transbrake with timing,boost levels, and launch rpm.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Good tune, boost controller and launch RPM on the TBrake you will have no launching problems with the 76. Going to a bigger turbo is not going to solve anything.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
How much power can be made from a 7675CEA thru a 4R70W

Idk as of yet how much can be made with the precision 76mm thru a 4r70, but I made 1080hp/940tq @6k rpm thru a T56. I just switched to a built 4r70w a few months ago, and will be back on the dyno by spring.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Are all of us single guys on here on a 76?

Im still on the basic 7668. Turbonetics has a new one out which is a competittor to the precision and its a 7675 or 7875. Ill upgrade at one point but I see no reason to go bigger then the precision 7675 on a 4.6.

If traction is the sole issue dialing in the suspension or even investing in a better boost controller would be more worthwhile. AMS1000 or something that you can ramp boost in or do boost by gear.

ZACH'S97

Established Member
I switched to a pt88 and love it. Only been to 12 psi at the track and ran 9.92 @136 with a soft 1.54 60'. In better conditions the car trapped 137 on 10psi. It's an 03 with stock cleaned up heads, 98 intake cams, ported mach 1 intake 9:1 cr. Car should weigh 3450-3500. Turbo hits softer from a roll but with the low boost spring in the gate (8-9 psi) it will max that in just a few seconds on the tbrake so there's a lot left on the launch once I add a two step and get the suspension set right. Only have 7-8 passes on it so far. 17psi on the street felt great though. That being said I didn't upgrade for any reason other than wanting to hang with or go around some low 9 cars.

Last edited:

fangs99

Established Member
Traction isn't a issue as my 28x13.50 ET streets have that covered for now... I'm just doing some homework for later..... I'm at 10:1 compression with a mild head port and cam with a stock 99 intake manifold... I don't see an issue spooling an 88..... I guess what I'm really after here is "if the juice is worth the squeeze"....... When I convert to E85 i'm going to convert to a speed density setup to make tuning more simple and make track adjustment easier/faster..... This car is mostly a track car with a few trips to the local meet up spots, burger joints and the trip to and from my local track.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member

It's nothing crazy. just a teksid block, 5.0 stroker kit with 8.5:1 compression, ported 04 cobra heads, comp stage 3 blower cams (not custom turbo cams), a stock 04 mach 1 lower intake/01 cobra upper, with a BBK twin 65mm throttle body. and a precision 7675 with a .96 a/r.. this was thru a T56, ill be going back to retune in a couple months. im changing my hotside and cleaning up things on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread